Treetop Whispers
Welcome to Treetop Whispers, a discussion forum for fans of the Warriors/Seekers series. The most complete Warrior Cats forum on the net, with discussion, roleplay, photo gallery, user profiles, and so much more!

HomePortalFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Don't forget to check and see if you have gotten any Friends Requests lately!
Don't forget to check your Visitor Messages from time to time!
Make sure to participate in the Halloween Scavenger Hunt! Sorry it's late.

Share | 

The Mortal Instruments

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Stormheart
Administrator
Administrator

Prey Points : 6075

Character Sheet
Clan: ThunderClan
PostSubject: The Mortal Instruments    Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:42 pm

Well if you can't tel by now.. I'm in a reading spree. ._. The thing is I don't have time to read, but I do it anyway.. >_<

Anyway The Mortal Instruments series is pretty darn awesome. I JUST finished the third book City of Glass. (I literally just finished it about five minuets ago..) I think there are five books in the series but I'm not sure..
Anyway, I really, really recommend you read them if you haven't already, I love them so far. (: They can get pretty intense, so I suggested that older teens, or mature readers, read them. Some of the jokes made in the books are inappropriate, (nothing worse than your average Highschoolers sense of humor. Giggle ) so thats why I suggested it for more experienced and mature readers. I just quite frankly wouldn't have liked the book if I had read it in the 6th grade. I also wouldn't have understood most of it either.
The books might look long to you if you don't read a lot, but trust me, you'll wish they were longer once you start reading.
The first book is called The City of Bones and it's by Cassandra Clare. So pick it up next time you go to the library or book store. (:
~Oh I forgot to add; These books would fall under the genera of Fantsay, and if you don't like fantasy I'm not sure you would like these books that much. (Your loss. ) Well here is a quick summary of the fist book.

When fifteen-year-old Clary Fray heads out to the Pandemonium Club in New York City, she hardly expects to witness a murder — much less a murder committed by three teenagers covered with strange tattoos and brandishing bizarre weapons. Clary knows she should call the police, but it's hard to explain a murder when the body disappears into thin air and the murderers are invisible to everyone but Clary.

Equally startled by her ability to see them, the murderers explain themselves as Shadowhunters: a secret tribe of warriors dedicated to ridding the earth of demons. Within twenty-four hours, Clary's mother disappears and Clary herself is almost killed by a grotesque demon.

But why would demons be interested in ordinary mundanes like Clary and her mother? And how did Clary suddenly get the Sight? The Shadowhunters would like to know....

P.S. Don't be discouraged by the cover, it's not all about paranormal romance, or whatever pops in you mind when you see the cover. Razz

EDIT: oop, sorry, my bad. There will be a sixth book to end the series.

Helpful Links!

If only I had an enemy bigger than my apathy, I could've won

U got kik? xXStormheartXx
My tumblr can be disturbing and is for mature audiences only. Message me if interested.

Back to top Go down
Blagonet
Moderator Apprentice
Moderator Apprentice

Prey Points : 8881

Character Sheet
PostSubject: Re: The Mortal Instruments    Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:40 am

Looks very interesting... is the Mortal Instruments the title to the first book? I'll have to see if its at my school library, though...

Creativity is a highfalutin' word for the work I have to do between now and Tuesday
-Ray Kroc

I wish to design something useable for all. Call me a visonary, and that's what I am. Call me a dreamer, and that's what I am. But, call me insane, and that's what you are.

One of the four Warriors of the Month July 2012 along with Tempest, Icetail, and Rubywing

Back to top Go down
Stormheart
Administrator
Administrator

Character Sheet
PostSubject: Re: The Mortal Instruments    Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:15 pm

Stormheart wrote:

The first book is called The City of Bones and it's by Cassandra Clare.

Nope. Wink

Oh and I have heard that the 4th book is bad. ._. Some people said it wasn't need so I don't know if I'm going to read it or not.

Helpful Links!

My tumblr can be disturbing and is for mature audiences only. Message me if interested.

Back to top Go down
Blagonet
Moderator Apprentice
Moderator Apprentice

Character Sheet
PostSubject: Re: The Mortal Instruments    Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:16 am

Ah. One of my friends was reading that earlier this week!

Creativity is a highfalutin' word for the work I have to do between now and Tuesday
-Ray Kroc

I wish to design something useable for all. Call me a visonary, and that's what I am. Call me a dreamer, and that's what I am. But, call me insane, and that's what you are.

One of the four Warriors of the Month July 2012 along with Tempest, Icetail, and Rubywing

Back to top Go down
Mosspelt
Administrator
Administrator

Prey Points : 5458

Character Sheet
PostSubject: Re: The Mortal Instruments    Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:23 am

Ooooh! I loved the first three, but I kinda gave up through the fourth one cause it was such a slow book, I didn't find it very interesting. But if there's going to be another book added I might just have to reread them! Smile

Back to top Go down
Stormheart
Administrator
Administrator

Character Sheet
PostSubject: Re: The Mortal Instruments    Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:03 pm

Hmm.. I just don't plan on reading it period. .-.

I'm going to read the prequel though! It seems cool.

Helpful Links!

Back to top Go down
Blagonet
Moderator Apprentice
Moderator Apprentice

Character Sheet
PostSubject: Re: The Mortal Instruments    Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:00 am

Meh. I almost just asked what the book was about Razz Well, I'll see if it's in the library, and then I'll read it when I'm done with my current book. Happy Reading!

-Ray Kroc

Back to top Go down
Moonpaw
StarClan Cat
StarClan Cat

Prey Points : 3716

PostSubject: Re: The Mortal Instruments    Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:56 pm

I have read the books! They are very good! Very interesting, and have alot of moments where you stop to breath just because of good action. Atleast I felt it that way. I have an imagination beyond imagination Wink.

But I need to say that Clary can tick me off...she can be just so...gahh!

Anyway, you should read them if you like fantasy books.

Ps: I did not know there are more books than three in that serie?...But if there is I dont think I will read them since you guys say that they are not good, and they dont have more than the first three books in the library here.
Back to top Go down
Stormheart
Administrator
Administrator

Character Sheet
PostSubject: Re: The Mortal Instruments    Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:08 pm

Well it's like two trilogies but the author just picked up where she left off.

Helpful Links!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Mortal Instruments    

Back to top Go down

The Mortal Instruments
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1