Treetop Whispers
Welcome to Treetop Whispers, a discussion forum for fans of the Warriors/Seekers series. The most complete Warrior Cats forum on the net, with discussion, roleplay, photo gallery, user profiles, and so much more!

HomePortalFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Don't forget to check and see if you have gotten any Friends Requests lately!
Don't forget to check your Visitor Messages from time to time!
Make sure to participate in the Halloween Scavenger Hunt! Sorry it's late.

Share | 

Warbreaker

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Moonpaw
StarClan Cat
StarClan Cat

Prey Points : 3716

PostSubject: Warbreaker   Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:05 pm

Anyone here that have read the book Warbreaker by Branson Sanderson? He is the same author that have written the Mistborn series.

The book Warbreaker is awesome! I really liked it. I recommend the book to anyone that likes something a little bit different, new magic, new believes and alot of funny and also...umm...embarrasing moments.... Yeah.

study
Back to top Go down
Blagonet
Moderator Apprentice
Moderator Apprentice

Prey Points : 8881

Character Sheet
Clan: ThunderClan
PostSubject: Re: Warbreaker   Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:14 am

No, i haven't read it. What's it about?

Creativity is a highfalutin' word for the work I have to do between now and Tuesday
-Ray Kroc

I wish to design something useable for all. Call me a visonary, and that's what I am. Call me a dreamer, and that's what I am. But, call me insane, and that's what you are.

One of the four Warriors of the Month July 2012 along with Tempest, Icetail, and Rubywing

Back to top Go down
Stormheart
Administrator
Administrator

Prey Points : 6075

Character Sheet
PostSubject: Re: Warbreaker   Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:00 pm

Yes, I agree with everything Blag said. Razz

Helpful Links!

If only I had an enemy bigger than my apathy, I could've won

U got kik? xXStormheartXx
My tumblr can be disturbing and is for mature audiences only. Message me if interested.

Back to top Go down
Moonpaw
StarClan Cat
StarClan Cat

PostSubject: Re: Warbreaker   Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:36 pm

The book is about T`Telir, a kingdom. Idris is a place in the highlands, with a king with his three daughters. People there are very strict and modest, and colours are usually never seen there. Only colours like black, white, and grey.

In Hallendren its quiet different. Everything there is brightly coloured, even the places where the poor people live. In Hallendren the Court of Gods keep...well Gods. The Gods are Returned. They died, maybe in a war, maybe as a good merchant, maybe as somebody who helped people. Either way, they came back to life as a Returned. So now they have to live at the Court of Gods, and do they duties. They give people who want to see them blessings, and stuff. And they are always surrounded by servants and priests.
king
A war is coming, it has been coming for decades, but the king in Idria have been making treaties with Hallendren so the war has been...postponed. But now the time has come to send one of the daughters to the Court of Gods so she can marry the God King. Instead the king in Idria sends his youngest daughter who has never been a "good" princess. She never listened to her tutors, always run away riding in the woods, annoyed the people in the palace...but her father send her instead of the oldest, because in his heart he loves his oldest daughter more then the youngest one. And he also think that he sends his daughter to her death. The God King is evil, everyone says, and they know that he takes what he wants, and what he do afterwards nooone knows.

The book uses a system of magic, BioChromatic Breath, which allows mages to bring life to objects as well as provide benefits directly to the mages. Such as perfect pitch, color recognition, life recognition, and they dont age, but that depends of the amount of Breaths you have. Use of BioChromancy drains the colors from surrounding objects and the less colorful an object is, the more difficult it is to apply BioChromancy to it.

Everyone is born with one Breath. If you give it away, you become a Drab, a colorless. Some people can buy Breaths, but its expensive. To get a Breath from someone else, they have to give it away willingly.

So, who is The mighty God King? Why is he so powerful? Why is everyone scared of him?(and almost pee in they pants just thinking about him?)

Is there going to be a war?

Well, I hope my little review is not to boring. Tried to explain as best as I could. And I hope my spelling is not to bad. Im not from an english speaking country.

Personally, I think this book is awesome! cheers

Giggles! I just loved it. With all those small cliffhangers at almost every chapter.

study
Back to top Go down
Stormheart
Administrator
Administrator

Character Sheet
PostSubject: Re: Warbreaker   Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:21 am

That is actually a very impressive review. I'll be sure to give it a try. ^_^ It sounds like a book I would really enjoy.

Helpful Links!

My tumblr can be disturbing and is for mature audiences only. Message me if interested.

Back to top Go down
Blagonet
Moderator Apprentice
Moderator Apprentice

Prey Points : 8881

Character Sheet
PostSubject: Re: Warbreaker   Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:21 am

Intriguing... exactly the type of book I may not like. I'm not into fantasies that much anymore.

Creativity is a highfalutin' word for the work I have to do between now and Tuesday
-Ray Kroc

I wish to design something useable for all. Call me a visonary, and that's what I am. Call me a dreamer, and that's what I am. But, call me insane, and that's what you are.

One of the four Warriors of the Month July 2012 along with Tempest, Icetail, and Rubywing

Back to top Go down
Moonpaw
StarClan Cat
StarClan Cat

PostSubject: Re: Warbreaker   Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:29 am

You know...thats why its good there is so many awesome authors out there. So we can find the books we like, the types of genres that catches our interest.

Ïts like my sister loves criminal books, I cant stand criminal books. Its just not what I like. Someone gets killed, and then there you have a smart detective or whatever that tries to find the killer....pffft.

And Im not into those lovey dovey romantic stuff either. Where its all about a handsome guy and then alot of things happens and in the end they get together, with a kiss and alot of love words...oh please...

Razz alien .......

Back to top Go down
Shadestar
Bedding Changer
Bedding Changer

Prey Points : 300

Character Sheet
Clan: SkyClan
PostSubject: Re: Warbreaker   Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:04 pm

Next time try not to make your review so long
Sleep
Back to top Go down
Shadestar
Bedding Changer
Bedding Changer

Character Sheet
PostSubject: Re: Warbreaker   Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:07 pm

And you know I invented Darkclan and was appointed leader after Darkstar died[code] Mooncat
Back to top Go down
Stormheart
Administrator
Administrator

Character Sheet
PostSubject: Re: Warbreaker   Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:55 am

Shadestar wrote:
Next time try not to make your review so long
Sleep

Shadestar, that could be offensive. I know you weren't trying to be rude, but it kinda came across that way. Razz
Hm and also, please do not post two times in a row, on the same topic with in 24 hours.
And what's does you being the leader of DuskClan have to do with anything? Please try to stay on topic. I know your new, so I suggest you read the rules of the forum. ^_^

Helpful Links!

Back to top Go down
Missy Magpie
Fighter
Fighter

Prey Points : 1947

Character Sheet
Clan: RiverClan
PostSubject: Re: Warbreaker   Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:52 pm

Long reviews are good, they tell you what happens and give you enough information so that you can tell whether or not you might like it.. If you didn't want to read it, why did you?

I think it sounds like a really good book and I'll be sure to read it sometime.. That is to say, if I remember.
Back to top Go down
http://www.forgottenpurrs.forumotion.cc
Shadestar
Bedding Changer
Bedding Changer

Character Sheet
PostSubject: Re: Warbreaker   Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:07 am

oops sorry I really am I don't know wy but somtimes people say I sound offensive whenever I talk
Back to top Go down
Missy Magpie
Fighter
Fighter

Prey Points : 1947

Character Sheet
Clan: RiverClan
PostSubject: Re: Warbreaker   Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:32 pm

I didn't find it offensive, but it could be interpreted that way.. People can put a lot of work into reviews to make them interesting and detailed, and it's always quality, not quantity that counts.

Then again, I'm not sure if that phrase would work in this situation, because it's that the review was "too long" that we're talking about. xD
Wow that was badly phrased.
Back to top Go down
http://www.forgottenpurrs.forumotion.cc
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Warbreaker   

Back to top Go down

Warbreaker
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Treetop Whispers :: Other :: Books-
Jump to: