Treetop Whispers
Welcome to Treetop Whispers, a discussion forum for fans of the Warriors/Seekers series. The most complete Warrior Cats forum on the net, with discussion, roleplay, photo gallery, user profiles, and so much more!

HomePortalFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Don't forget to check and see if you have gotten any Friends Requests lately!
Don't forget to check your Visitor Messages from time to time!
Make sure to participate in the Halloween Scavenger Hunt! Sorry it's late.

Share | 

Foreign Languages

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Blagonet
Moderator Apprentice
Moderator Apprentice

Prey Points : 8881

Character Sheet
Clan: ThunderClan
PostSubject: Foreign Languages   Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:18 am

I was just wondering if anyone is taking a foreign language or not. What language are you learning if you are taking one, and if you aren't , which one do you want to take? Oh, and by the way, French is the best. Razz

Creativity is a highfalutin' word for the work I have to do between now and Tuesday
-Ray Kroc

I wish to design something useable for all. Call me a visonary, and that's what I am. Call me a dreamer, and that's what I am. But, call me insane, and that's what you are.

One of the four Warriors of the Month July 2012 along with Tempest, Icetail, and Rubywing

Back to top Go down
Stormheart
Administrator
Administrator

Prey Points : 6075

Character Sheet
PostSubject: Re: Foreign Languages   Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:47 am

They don't offer any foreign language courses here. D: I want to learn Ancient Greek, Latin, and German. Razz

Helpful Links!

If only I had an enemy bigger than my apathy, I could've won

U got kik? xXStormheartXx
My tumblr can be disturbing and is for mature audiences only. Message me if interested.

Back to top Go down
Moonpaw
StarClan Cat
StarClan Cat

Prey Points : 3716

PostSubject: Re: Foreign Languages   Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:39 am

What do you mean? In school? I had German in school, I wanted French, but there was not enough students who wanted it and the teacher did not want to teach a class with to few students, so I had to stick with German. BORING! ITS A BORING LANGUAGE. And if anyone even try to say that German and Norwegian are almost the same (many do), Im going to..to..to...I dont know...but German is not a pretty language at all.

French is a very lovely language.

You know what Storm? I too want to learn Greek or Latin, but they dont have such languages here.

I can speak Polish, English and Norwegian. Polish is a very pretty language. I think so.

Razz

study
Back to top Go down
Blagonet
Moderator Apprentice
Moderator Apprentice

Character Sheet
PostSubject: Re: Foreign Languages   Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:45 pm

I once had a person in school who knew and spoke polish at home. I also know a freind who is learning Norweigan. And yes, French is a very nice language. Very Happy MANY MANY Many many people say tuat greek is VERY VERY Very very hard to learn because it's a different alphabet, and because you have a lot of suffixes to memorise, and... It's much similar to english, saying that 50,000 words in the english language are derived frim greek. I'm trying to learn greek by myself (and I like it!) Razz

Creativity is a highfalutin' word for the work I have to do between now and Tuesday
-Ray Kroc

I wish to design something useable for all. Call me a visonary, and that's what I am. Call me a dreamer, and that's what I am. But, call me insane, and that's what you are.

One of the four Warriors of the Month July 2012 along with Tempest, Icetail, and Rubywing

Back to top Go down
Honeyblaze
Patrol Leader
Patrol Leader

Prey Points : 2215

Character Sheet
PostSubject: Re: Foreign Languages   Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:16 pm

At my school the languages we could take are Arabic or Persian. I want to take Persian but my mom is forcing me to take Arabic. 2 words: NOT FUN. I also want to take Greek so I am attempting to memorize the alphabets... French sounds pretty cool.
Back to top Go down
Stormheart
Administrator
Administrator

Character Sheet
PostSubject: Re: Foreign Languages   Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:21 pm

Moonpaw wrote:

You know what Storm? I too want to learn Greek or Latin, but they dont have such languages here.
What? o_O Do you mean they do not teach them? Razz

Blagonet wrote:
I once had a person in school who knew and spoke polish at home. I also know a freind who is learning Norweigan. And yes, French is a very nice language. Very Happy MANY MANY Many many people say tuat greek is VERY VERY Very very hard to learn because it's a different alphabet, and because you have a lot of suffixes to memorise, and... It's much similar to english, saying that 50,000 words in the english language are derived frim greek. I'm trying to learn greek by myself (and I like it!) Razz

Oh! So that's why you have a Greek key board?

Helpful Links!

My tumblr can be disturbing and is for mature audiences only. Message me if interested.

Back to top Go down
Rubywing
Legend
Legend

Prey Points : 5438

Character Sheet
PostSubject: Re: Foreign Languages   Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:13 pm

When I get to middle school, I'm going to choose French or Latin. :3

I want to learn Japanese, though. XD
Back to top Go down
http://warriorhollow.forumotion.com
Moonpaw
StarClan Cat
StarClan Cat

PostSubject: Re: Foreign Languages   Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:47 pm

Stormheart wrote:
Moonpaw wrote:

No, they dont. They only teach German, French, and sometimes Spanish. And of course English!
Back to top Go down
Blagonet
Moderator Apprentice
Moderator Apprentice

Character Sheet
PostSubject: Re: Foreign Languages   Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:34 pm

Stormheart wrote:
Moonpaw wrote:

Blagonet wrote:

Oh! So that's why you have a Greek key board?

Yeah... sorta. I just got it because cats. Razz No, I got it because I thought it would be funny to troll on my parents. Razz

-Ray Kroc

Back to top Go down
Mosspelt
Administrator
Administrator

Prey Points : 5458

Character Sheet
PostSubject: Re: Foreign Languages   Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:17 pm

We have German, French, and Spanish. I, regretfully, am taking Spanish but I really wish I could learn Arabic just because I think it would be fun to learn Razz I know some Italian because I had to learn it for a Spanish project (we were comparing how similar the languages are Rolling Eyes ) and I know how to write (simple things) in Egyptian Hieroglyphs (I had to learn the language for a school project Razz )

Back to top Go down
Blagonet
Moderator Apprentice
Moderator Apprentice

Character Sheet
PostSubject: Re: Foreign Languages   Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:42 pm

Spanish?! Why didn't you take french? French is the best ever. J'adore fran├žais!

-Ray Kroc

Back to top Go down
Honeyblaze
Patrol Leader
Patrol Leader

Prey Points : 2215

Character Sheet
PostSubject: Re: Foreign Languages   Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:35 pm

Last year when I was learning about Egypt we got to write some stuff in hieroglyphics. It's pretty fun. Arabic is kinda hard. Its complicated and 1 little sign could change the meaning of the word... I want to learn Greek but I don't know where to find what the word is in Greek and I don't exactly trust google translate b/c once I got my Arabic hw off google translate and my teacher said it was all wrong....
Back to top Go down
Stormheart
Administrator
Administrator

Character Sheet
PostSubject: Re: Foreign Languages   Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:48 pm

Google Translate, translates the words right but the grammar is horrible. >_<

Egyptian Hieroglyphs are so cool! It's confusing how they are read though. So many different ways to read and write them.

Helpful Links!

Back to top Go down
Blagonet
Moderator Apprentice
Moderator Apprentice

Character Sheet
PostSubject: Re: Foreign Languages   Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:11 pm

If I had to learn a pre-Roman empire language, I would learn Babylonian Cuneiform, but nobody really knows it's grammar... or vocabulary, for that matter Razz Heiroglyphics don't have vowels, so two different words can have the same writing.

-Ray Kroc

Back to top Go down
Stormheart
Administrator
Administrator

Character Sheet
PostSubject: Re: Foreign Languages   Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:16 pm

That just proves how confusing it is!

Helpful Links!

Back to top Go down
Moonpaw
StarClan Cat
StarClan Cat

PostSubject: Re: Foreign Languages   Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:19 pm

Better to learn some languages that you will have the use for. I dont think many have need to know Heiroglyphics. But I have to admit, it sounds interesting to know about that too! Razz
Back to top Go down
Mosspelt
Administrator
Administrator

Prey Points : 5458

Character Sheet
PostSubject: Re: Foreign Languages   Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:38 am

Stormheart wrote:
Google Translate, translates the words right but the grammar is horrible. >_<

Egyptian Hieroglyphs are so cool! It's confusing how they are read though. So many different ways to read and write them.

Haha yeah, and Egyptians didn't feel the need to use vowels so there's SO many ways to translate names and stuff Razz

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Foreign Languages   

Back to top Go down

Foreign Languages
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1