Treetop Whispers
Welcome to Treetop Whispers, a discussion forum for fans of the Warriors/Seekers series. The most complete Warrior Cats forum on the net, with discussion, roleplay, photo gallery, user profiles, and so much more!

HomePortalFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Don't forget to check and see if you have gotten any Friends Requests lately!
Don't forget to check your Visitor Messages from time to time!
Make sure to participate in the Halloween Scavenger Hunt! Sorry it's late.

Share | 

Hollyleaf (spoilers)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Stormheart
Administrator
Administrator

Prey Points : 6075

Character Sheet
Clan: ThunderClan
PostSubject: Hollyleaf (spoilers)   Wed May 22, 2013 11:26 pm

How do you feel about Hollyleaf?

Personally, I could not stand her at first. She was stuck up and bossy and all she did was talk about the Warrior Code. Oh my God, shutup already. When she found out she wasn't part of the "big three" she got all depressed and talked even more about the Warrior Code. Dude, do you know how many generations of cats there were, hundreds, and you're upset because you aren't a chosen one? Well guess what honey, I'm not chosen either but am I upset about it? No, no I'm not.
Oh, then she finds out that her real mom is Leafpool and her dad is Crowfeather and has a psychotic meltdown. So Ashfur traps Hollyleaf, Jayfeather, and Lionblaze, threatens to kill them to "force" Squirrelflight into loving him. Smooth. (Don't get me started on Ashfur.) THEN Ashfur threatens to tell everyone at the next gathering the truth about the three kits so Hollyleaf kills him. So much for the Warrior Code she cared so much about, hypocrite. Hollyleaf kills Ashfur. Whatever, I didn't like him anyway, but she killed a cat for treating to tell the truth. Oh, and you'll never guess what happens next. She tells everyone at the gathering the truth anyway! Imagine that. "But Hollyleaf was under a lot of emotional stress, cut her some slack". Okay, excuse me? She becomes psychotic and belongs in a straight jacket. No she isn't going to get any slack from I.
So now she runs into a tunnel and tries to kill herself, or that's what I always assumed her intention was. But she isn't dead. (Well darn. I got excited there for a second.) Thankfully when she comes back in the Last Hope she isn't a turd anymore.

The moral of this story; if you every feel you are going insane, seclude yourself in a dark tunnel away from civilization for about a year. That should fix you right up. Wink

-Excuse me if my facts are incorrect. My memory is a little rusty. It's been over a year since I last read these.

Helpful Links!

If only I had an enemy bigger than my apathy, I could've won

U got kik? xXStormheartXx
My tumblr can be disturbing and is for mature audiences only. Message me if interested.

Back to top Go down
Rubywing
Legend
Legend

Prey Points : 5438

Character Sheet
PostSubject: Re: Hollyleaf (spoilers)   Thu May 23, 2013 10:02 pm

I personally think that Hollyleaf is depressed about not being a chosen one because bother of her littermates are chosen ones. I mean, if I had two siblings/triplets and they were both chosen for something amazing and I wasn't, I'd definitely feel left out.

I'm so glad her personality got better when she returned.
Back to top Go down
http://warriorhollow.forumotion.com
Mosspelt
Administrator
Administrator

Prey Points : 5458

Character Sheet
PostSubject: Re: Hollyleaf (spoilers)   Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:32 am

Wow alright I'm totally down for a Hollyleaf discussion. So yeah up until Hollyleaf was introduced I had never actually hated a character, but DANG she totally rubbed me the wrong way. She was so self righteous and it was always 'the warrior code says this, the warrior code says that' like I GET IT but where's the fun in that huh? Live a little girl.

And then she found out who her real parents were and she had, as you put it Storm, 'a psychotic meltdown'. And believe it or not this is when I actually started to hate her less, but I also hated her more. I began to love her as an antagonist and hate her even more as a protagonist (she sucked at being a protagonist anyways). I mean, I kinda understood why they had her so obsessed with the warrior code, that way when she found out that her mother and father were not only from different clans (ouch) but that her mother was a medicine cat (double ouch) it DEVASTATED her. She herself was the complete opposite of the warrior code, just by living she was breaking the code. So what is the only logical thing to do? KEEP ANYONE FROM FINDING OUT. I mean really, can you imagine the embarrassment and pure horror she must be feeling, all the questions running through her mind? What if ThunderClan rejects me? Where will I go then? WindClan wont take me. Will all my friends abandon me? Does Leafpool even love me? Why would she have given me up? What will Firestar do? Will the other Clan leaders want us dead? What's going to happen to Lionblaze and Jayfeather? And so when Ashfur threatens to tell everyone at the gathering, she kills him (no loss there he was a dumb). And Storm has a point, she's deliberately going against the warrior code that she strove so hard to uphold, but at this point I think she's just so done with everything (like I said, her existence goes against the warrior code) that she could care less. She just wants things to remain normal.

But then she goes and tells everyone anyway which I didn't really get but whatever I'm not really going to question a psychotic murderous cat. And then she goes and confronts Leafpool about it and tries to get her to kill herself to pay for her sins. OH and FYI, the only reason the authors killed off Honeyfern (the cat that got bit by the snake when she tried to save some kits) was to make sure that there was deathberries in the camp (they tried to use them to kill the snake) so that Hollyleaf could threaten Leafpool with them. So Hollyleaf is really at fault for Honeyfern's death!!

But anyway, she goes nuts for a moment and then runs into the tunnel. But I don't agree with your interpretation Storm (although it's a good one hah), I don't think she was trying to kill herself. I think really she was just so overwhelmed with this whole thing, I mean almost dieing and while almost dieing finding out that the cat she though was her mother really isn't her mother, and finding out all this crap about herself and then being driven to killing a cat I mean wow. I don't mean to call her a 'poor misunderstood baby', I hate it when people do that and I agree that she was evil and had no right to do what she did, HOWEVER I do think she was quite overwhelmed with everything that had happened. I could argue that she was in shock or suffering from PTSD but like I said, she ain't a poor misunderstood baby she's a freaking psycho.

No matter how you look at it her time in solitude really seemed to do her good. She spent some time with a dead cat who may or may not have really been alive (I didn't understand that part I mean really was he a hallucination or was he there .-.), came back and redeemed herself. Sorta. I don't really know, I like her more has a character now but I'm still a bit iffy on her intentions. Brambleclaw seemed to trust her so I guess that's enough for me. I would kinda like to see how the rest of her life plays out, I think it'd be really interesting to see if she ever had a mate? Idk, I'm just picturing some cat (idk maybe someone a lot younger than her) falling head over heals for her and she's like totally freaked out about it like 'woah wait what me you like me no you don't understand I killed a cat' and then them having a kit or two and she's like freaked out even more cause like 'omg am I gonna be a good mom what if they hate me what if I raise them bad oh geese oh geese' and I just see her bugging Cinderheart a lot like 'am I doing this right, how do you do this'. Yeah idk I'll stop now this has gone on for long enough.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hollyleaf (spoilers)   

Back to top Go down

Hollyleaf (spoilers)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1