Treetop Whispers
Welcome to Treetop Whispers, a discussion forum for fans of the Warriors/Seekers series. The most complete Warrior Cats forum on the net, with discussion, roleplay, photo gallery, user profiles, and so much more!
Treetop Whispers
Welcome to Treetop Whispers, a discussion forum for fans of the Warriors/Seekers series. The most complete Warrior Cats forum on the net, with discussion, roleplay, photo gallery, user profiles, and so much more!
Treetop Whispers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome back to Treetop Whispers, everyone! It has been far too long.
Don't forget to check your Friend Requests and Visitor Messages from time to time!

Chasing Shadows Chapter 12: A New Resolve

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Chasing Shadows Chapter 12: A New Resolve Empty
PostSubject: Chasing Shadows Chapter 12: A New Resolve   Chasing Shadows Chapter 12: A New Resolve EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 9:47 pm

Chapter 12: A New Resolve

Razorkit woke up cold. The warm Greenleaf sunrise was nothing compared to the stone-cold body he had huddled so close to overnight. His own body ached with chills. He could feel the brush of fur next to his own, short and flattened by the last traces of the cats who had shared tongues with him the previous night. The tom's stale scent was all the silver kit could bare to inhale. He pushed his muzzle deeper into his late father's fur.

It seemed only a heartbeat later that the camp began to buzz with sound. Warriors emerged from their dens, some still hindered by injuries from the previous night. He could faintly heart the muffled voice of Darkheart through the fur, sorting out the dawn patrols for any warriors fit to do so. The black deputy's voice was rough.

"Lionfrost, I need you to lead a hunting patrol" He commanded, "Take Skyhawk, Lizardfang, and Snowpelt"

Razorkit lifted his muzzle, for the first time in the morning opening his eyes. The world was blurry at first, but it only took a moment for the camp to form and the young tom's heart to sink again. Last night hadn't been a dream.

"Darkheart!" He watched Ghostpaw emerge from the den and hurry towards the deputy, "I'm sorry, but can the patrol bring back some cobwebs too? We're out, and Thunderclaw's injury is bad"

Darkheart nodded, "You get that, Lionfrost?" He called to the leaving patrol. The golden warrior flicked his ears, and then disappeared though the entrance log.

Razorkit wished he hadn't caught the next part, "By the way..." Ghostpaw mewed, "When are they going to bury Wildstripe?"

Razorkit saw the black tom's eyes darken, "When the kits wake up" He muttered in response, shifting his paws slightly. Razorkit remembered Wildstripe and Darkheart the day before. They had obviously been friends a long time. Darkheart must be hurting to. He wondered if Nightraven shared the same kind of bond as his brother, but he couldn't spot the black tom.

Darkheart stood up, for the first time revealing a new scar, a short but visibly deep cut across his chest. The wound didn't seem to bother him at all though, as he headed to the cave behind the waterfall; Cheetahstar's den.

Razorkit shifted. His brother and sister slept on the other side of the body, along with Vapoursoul. They were all curled together, sleeping soundly even through the sunrise. Silentkit had been terribly shocked by the news of their father's death. Her shy and concealed personality had only made it show how much it had hurt her. Stingkit had been in an understandably bad mood since, and it was unlikely to change any time soon.

Razorkit pulled himself away, and was only the slightest happy when the sun finally bathed his fur. It didn't feel right standing and enjoying the sunlight, while his father lay dead beside him, but he couldn't help it. The sunlight was a blessing, something they took for granted. Just like having a father.
"Oh, you're awake"
Raorkit jumped as he noticed Chaoskit lying a few tail-lengths away from them. The black kit yawned, stretching his jaws wide and clawing the ground.
"D-Did you sleep out here?" Razorkit stuttered, somewhat surprised to see his best friend. He thought he'd be with Darkheart or Whitefoot, as the deputy had also been injured in the battle and the white queen was fussing over him.
"Yeah" Chaoskit admitted, "I was just making sure you were ok through the night"
"Where's-"
"Leopardkit slept in the Medicine den with Thunderclaw" Chaoskit answered before Razorkit even had time to ask, "His leg was deeply cut. It'll be a while before he hunts again"
"But who did all this!?" Razorkit gasped, feeling he was missing a giant piece of the puzzle.
Chaoskit's eyes narrowed all the way to slits. "Rogues" He answered simply.
"R-Rogues?!" Razorkit couldn't help but stutter again, "Do you think-"
"The rogues we met were part of the group? Most likely" Chaoskit cut him short again. It seemed the black kit was already a few steps ahead of him, as always. "The gathering patrol was attacked last night, on the way back from the gathering. Apparantly they came from nowhere, attacked the patrol and left again"

"...Why did they retreat?"

"I wouldn't say they retreated" Chaoskit corrected, flicking his tail, "They left. They had fewer injuries than our warriors"
Razorkit looked at Chaoskit like he was crazy, "How can rogues beat trained warriors?"
Chaoskit sighed, "We need to talk about this more, but not here. Are you ok to see Cheetahstar for a bit?"
The question caught the silver kit off guard, "Wait, what? Why?"
"We're being apprenticed today" The words hit Razorkit like a block of ice, as he suddenly remembered Wildstripe's promise the day before. "The attack last night doesn't change that" Chaoskit continued evenly, "I want to get out of camp and have a look at the place where the patrol was attacked"
"Isn't that dangerous?" Razorkit whispered hoarsly, still reeling from the fresh pain in his stomach.
"I doubt it" Chaoskit reasoned, "If the rogues will go so far as to attack kits, as in they want to damage the Clan, then they would've stayed to fight longer last night. But they didn't, they did reasonable damage and left. With the skill they must've had to do this to our warriors..." He stopped a moment, thinking how to phrase it, "I'm just surprised... That Wildstripe was the only one sent to StarClan"

Razorkit thought about it, shaking his head to try and clear the image of his fathers body again, "I dont know..."
"I'll go by myself if you dont want you. I wont force you to come"
"No! I'll go with you" He couldn't let Chaoskit to go alone, "But I dont think Cheetahstar will lt us go" He mumbled, remembering the way the leader treated him now.
Chaoskit just snorted, "Oh come on. Like she's going to know. Why do you think I snuck out of camp with you all as kits?"

"To make sure we dont get hurt?"

"Tch, I'm not your mother" Chaoskit huffed, "To get a good idea of the territory. Why anyone thinks the camp's big enough for us to explore is beyond me"

He seemed to have it all planned out. Actually, Razorkit would have been surprised if he hadn't. "I suppose we have to see Cheetahstar about our ceremony then"

"That's the plan"

The kits padded towards the FallRock, squeezing though the narrow gap between the stone and the waterfall, and into the cave behind. It wasn't the first time the two had been in, they had snuck in a few times before on their adventures.

Razorkit caught the scent of both Cheetahstar and Darkheart as they followed the short tunnel into the den. The reflection of the light on the waterfall created strange, moving paterns on the walls and the sound echoed throughout.

"Cheetahstar?" Chaoskit called into the den.
"Chaoskit, and Razorkit" Darkheart noted, turning to face them, "You know you shouldn't enter the den without permission" He told them sternly.
"Sorry" Chaoskit dipped his head, and Razorkit copied, feeling somewhat nervous.
"I'm sure they had good reason" Cheetahstar said, although in a tone Razorkit couldn't define.
"We were just wondering if our apprentice ceremony was still today" Razorkit found it best to let Chaoskit do the talking, so he kept his head bowed while his friend spoke, "Although, we do understand if it's an innapropriate time"

There was a moments silence. Razorkit looked up, to see Darkheart looking drom the kits to the leader. Cheetahstar's eyes were fixed on the kits.
"We need them" Darkheart admitted, "We dont know what we're up against"

Cheetahstar considered her deputy's words carefully. "I dont see any reason why we should postpone the ceremony" She stated at last. Although to Razorkit, it sounded partly like she was dismissing Wildstripe's death.

"Thank you" Chaoskit dipped his head again, flicking Razorkit's flank with his tail, "Let's go"

The kits turned to leave, only to be stopped.

"Ah, actually, Razorkit. I'd like a word" The leader's words made him freeze in cold fear, why - he couldn't really understand. He gulped, turning back to face her.
She flicked her tail for Darkheart and Chaokit to leave, and the father and son duo left the den together, Darkheart congratulating Chaoskit on the ceremony, while Chaoskit replied by saying it was nothing special.

She waited in silence until the voices faded behind the rumble of the waterfall. "I take it you have not told anyone of your dream?" She enquired.

For a second, Razorkit was confused as to what she meant. All the talk of battle and the greif of his father's death had mostly kept the falling star scenario out of his mind.

"It wasn't a dream" He insisted while doing his best not to hiss; all the nervousness he had felt melting away into burning anger, "But I havent mentioned it"
"Make sure it stays that way" Her eyes narrowed at him, "Dont say a word to anyone"
"Why shouldn't I?" Razorkit pressed, "If it's just a dream, where's the harm in it?"
It felt like her gaze was burning into him, "Because I'm your leader and you obey my rules"
Razorkit studdied the way she looked at him, the way she spoke. "Is there something else?"

She didn't answer.

"There's something what happened that you're afraid of!"
"No."
"Then wha-"
"It's not the dream I'm afraid of" Cheetahstar muttered, eyes darkening.
"You died that night, Razorkit. You died and came back to life"

----

Razorkit glanced one last time over his shoulder at where Wildstripe's body had been layed out over the night. Now an empty space, the only places Razorkit would ever see his father again were in his own thoughts and when his time finally came when he too would join StarClan.

Hearing the gathered cats behind him settle, he looked up the FallRock to see Cheetahstar gazing down at the five kits, all sat around the pool below the rock. The other clan cats gathered behind them, watching intently but with the air of loss still lingering around them.

"Cats of JungleClan!" She began the sacred ritual, "We are gathered here in spite of recent events to celebrate JungleClan's newest apprentices" She looked around the gathered cats before hopping down from the FallRock and joining the kits at the edge of the pool.
"Leopardkit" She started with the she-kit at the end of the line, "From this day forward until your warrior name is earnt, you shall be known as Leopardpaw. May StarClan see your liveliness and sprit from the skies above" She placed her head above the smaller she-kit's, and Leopardkit licked the leader's shouler as a sign of respect.

"Your mentor shall be Whitefoot" She announced clearly, "All of the queens have made the descision that it is their time to return to their duties"

Whitefoot padded up to Leopardpaw, and both she-cats purred as the white warrior licked the top of the golden paw's head.

"Silentkit" Cheetahstar padded over to to the white she-kit, "From this day forward until your warrior name is earnt, you shall be known as Silentpaw. May StarClan see your kindess and caring from the skies above" Silentpaw licked the leader's shoulder. Cheetahstar stepped back.
"Your mentor shall be Sparrowflight"

Sparrowflight excitedly hurried over to Silentpaw and the two she-cats brushed muzzles before watching the rest of the ceremony.

"Stingkit, from this day forward until your warrior name is earnt, you shall be known as Stingpaw. May StarClan see your bravery and loyalty from the skies above" Stingpaw licked the leaders shoulder as the others had done. Razorkit hadn't spoken to his brother since Wildstripe's death. He really had no idea what to say to him.

"Your mentor shall be Lionfrost"

The big golden tom padded up to Stingpaw and bowed his head. Stingpaw nodded detirminly back, icy eyes gleaming with resolve.

"Chaoskit. From this day forward until your warrior name is earnt, you shall be known as Chaospaw. May StarClan see your intelligance and skill from the skies above" Chaospaw licked the leaders shoulder.

"It was planned that your mentor shall be Thunderclaw, but until he can return to his duties you will be mentored by Yellowgaze"

The ginger warrior was surprised, but padded forward confidently and touched noses with the black tom.

Finally it was Razorkit's turn. Cheetahstar stood before him, with that same unreadable expression she seemed to wear every time she looked at him. He tried to imagine what she was thiinking, and he half expected her to make herself his mentor. He couldn't think of any warriors besides her and Darkheart who didn't already have an apprentice.

"Razorkit" She started solemnly, "From this day forward, until your warrior name is earnt, you will be known as Razorpaw. May StarClan see your imagination and fairness from the skies above" He hesitated before licking her shoulder. He wasn't sure if she noticed, but she turned away before announcing his mentor.

"Your mentor shall be Nightraven"

He hadn't noticed the tom sat at the back of the crowd. He hadn't remembered the other black warrior, often lost in his brother's shadow. He knew Nightraven was a formidable fighter, but he just wasn't as noticable as his higher-ranked brother.

Razorpaw watched the black tom approach. He wondered if Wildstripe approved of Cheetahstar's choice. He had been good friends with Darkheart, but he had never mentioned Nightraven.

"I'm glad I finally got an apprentice" Nightraven admitted, resting his head on top of Razorpaw's, "Now I can finally follow in my brother's pawsteps"

"Silentpaw! Leopardpaw! Stingpaw! Chaospaw! Razorpaw!"
The names were chanted by the JungleClan cats. As the newly appointed mentors moved away, the five denmates huddled together aside the pool.

"We're apprentices!" Leopardpaw gasped, eyes wide and almost unbeleiving.
Razorpaw didn't expect the wave of excitement that was running though him now. He had been so desperate and confused only yesterday, so lost for motivation and stricken with greif. Even this morning, waking up beside his dead father, he would never have imagined that he'd be feeling like this now.

He looked to Chaospaw, who looked straight back at him. Both toms nodded to eachother determindly.

At sunset, they were to investigate the site of last night's battle.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Chasing Shadows Chapter 12: A New Resolve   Chasing Shadows Chapter 12: A New Resolve EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 9:49 pm

Two chapters in two days~ And long ones at that x3 Feeling pretty chuffed~
Back to top Go down
Iceclaw
Legend
Legend
Iceclaw

Prey Points : 3875

Character Sheet
Clan: RiverClan

PostSubject: Re: Chasing Shadows Chapter 12: A New Resolve   Chasing Shadows Chapter 12: A New Resolve EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 10:28 pm

Nice story!! Looking forward for more! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Stonestep
StarClan Cat
StarClan Cat
Stonestep

Prey Points : 3054

Character Sheet
Clan: ThunderClan

PostSubject: Re: Chasing Shadows Chapter 12: A New Resolve   Chasing Shadows Chapter 12: A New Resolve EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 9:24 pm

I am also looking forward to the next chapter!!!
Back to top Go down
Iceclaw
Legend
Legend
Iceclaw

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Chasing Shadows Chapter 12: A New Resolve   Chasing Shadows Chapter 12: A New Resolve EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 10:29 pm

Razorwing has the potential to be a GREAT writer! Who agrees? (Vote up/down)
Back to top Go down
Goldenfur
Legend
Legend
Goldenfur

Prey Points : 3718

Character Sheet
Clan: SkyClan

PostSubject: Re: Chasing Shadows Chapter 12: A New Resolve   Chasing Shadows Chapter 12: A New Resolve EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 10:14 am

Great story Razorwing! I love it! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Goldenfur
Legend
Legend
Goldenfur

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Chasing Shadows Chapter 12: A New Resolve   Chasing Shadows Chapter 12: A New Resolve EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 10:15 am

IceClaw the Scratcher wrote:
Razorwing has the potential to be a GREAT writer! Who agrees? (Vote up/down)
Up is yes and down is no right?
Back to top Go down
Iceclaw
Legend
Legend
Iceclaw

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Chasing Shadows Chapter 12: A New Resolve   Chasing Shadows Chapter 12: A New Resolve EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 10:17 am

@Goldenfur: Yeap!
Back to top Go down
Goldenfur
Legend
Legend
Goldenfur

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Chasing Shadows Chapter 12: A New Resolve   Chasing Shadows Chapter 12: A New Resolve EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 10:21 am

@Iceclaw: Ok.

So here is my vote.... UP! XD
Back to top Go down
Iceclaw
Legend
Legend
Iceclaw

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Chasing Shadows Chapter 12: A New Resolve   Chasing Shadows Chapter 12: A New Resolve EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 10:22 am

@Goldenfur: haha ok
Back to top Go down
Flameleaf of FireClan
StarClan Cat
StarClan Cat
Flameleaf of FireClan

Prey Points : 1903

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Chasing Shadows Chapter 12: A New Resolve   Chasing Shadows Chapter 12: A New Resolve EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 1:17 pm

Cool! Razorwing, plz carry on! I luv your stories! XD
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Chasing Shadows Chapter 12: A New Resolve   Chasing Shadows Chapter 12: A New Resolve EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 2:02 pm

Thank you evryone~ Your comments make me so happy x3
Back to top Go down
Goldenfur
Legend
Legend
Goldenfur

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Chasing Shadows Chapter 12: A New Resolve   Chasing Shadows Chapter 12: A New Resolve EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 12:51 am

Haha. I'm glad you are happy. Wink
Back to top Go down
Stonestep
StarClan Cat
StarClan Cat
Stonestep

Prey Points : 3054

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Chasing Shadows Chapter 12: A New Resolve   Chasing Shadows Chapter 12: A New Resolve EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 1:36 am

I am also glad you are happy! All of the comments are true!!!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Chasing Shadows Chapter 12: A New Resolve   Chasing Shadows Chapter 12: A New Resolve EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 9:31 am

D'aww thank you everyone x3
Back to top Go down
Flameleaf of FireClan
StarClan Cat
StarClan Cat
Flameleaf of FireClan

Prey Points : 1903

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Chasing Shadows Chapter 12: A New Resolve   Chasing Shadows Chapter 12: A New Resolve EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 9:33 am

np Razorwing! XD ><
Back to top Go down
Goldenfur
Legend
Legend
Goldenfur

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Chasing Shadows Chapter 12: A New Resolve   Chasing Shadows Chapter 12: A New Resolve EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 9:51 am

No problem! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Chasing Shadows Chapter 12: A New Resolve   Chasing Shadows Chapter 12: A New Resolve EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 10:14 am

Very Happy Hamster
Back to top Go down
Iceclaw
Legend
Legend
Iceclaw

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Chasing Shadows Chapter 12: A New Resolve   Chasing Shadows Chapter 12: A New Resolve EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 12:27 pm

Razorwing wrote:

No problem! I'm glad that we have such a great storywriter here! Who knows... you might win an award Razz
Back to top Go down
Goldenfur
Legend
Legend
Goldenfur

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Chasing Shadows Chapter 12: A New Resolve   Chasing Shadows Chapter 12: A New Resolve EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 12:29 pm

IceClaw the Scratcher wrote:
Razorwing wrote:

No problem! I'm glad that we have such a great storywriter here! Who knows... you might win an award Razz
Yup. I agree.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Chasing Shadows Chapter 12: A New Resolve   Chasing Shadows Chapter 12: A New Resolve EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 12:30 pm

O.o I'm not that good!!!
Back to top Go down
Goldenfur
Legend
Legend
Goldenfur

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Chasing Shadows Chapter 12: A New Resolve   Chasing Shadows Chapter 12: A New Resolve EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 12:32 pm

Yes you are Razorwing.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Chasing Shadows Chapter 12: A New Resolve   Chasing Shadows Chapter 12: A New Resolve EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 12:33 pm

If you say so x3
Back to top Go down
Goldenfur
Legend
Legend
Goldenfur

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Chasing Shadows Chapter 12: A New Resolve   Chasing Shadows Chapter 12: A New Resolve EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 12:36 pm

Of course you are. Wink
Back to top Go down
Iceclaw
Legend
Legend
Iceclaw

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Chasing Shadows Chapter 12: A New Resolve   Chasing Shadows Chapter 12: A New Resolve EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 12:37 pm

Haha Razorwing, YOU ARE GREAT! BE PROUD OF IT!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chasing Shadows Chapter 12: A New Resolve   Chasing Shadows Chapter 12: A New Resolve Empty

Back to top Go down

Chasing Shadows Chapter 12: A New Resolve
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next