Treetop Whispers
Welcome to Treetop Whispers, a discussion forum for fans of the Warriors/Seekers series. The most complete Warrior Cats forum on the net, with discussion, roleplay, photo gallery, user profiles, and so much more!

HomePortalFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Don't forget to check and see if you have gotten any Friends Requests lately!
Don't forget to check your Visitor Messages from time to time!
Make sure to participate in the Halloween Scavenger Hunt! Sorry it's late.

Share | 

School. (I'm going to talk about a lot of things so I don't know what else to call it. xP)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Stormheart
Administrator
Administrator

Prey Points : 6075

Character Sheet
Clan: ThunderClan
PostSubject: School. (I'm going to talk about a lot of things so I don't know what else to call it. xP)   Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:06 pm

What, da fudge. Why do teachers insist on assigning projects the same time another teacher does? For example, I have two major projects I have to do. One is for Science and the other is for Language Arts. My science project is about, how the moon and sun affect the tides. The section in the science book is three pages long, two pages if you cut out the pictures. I have to talk about this for 30 to 45 minutes. -__- I'm presenting on the 13th.

Now my Language Arts project is a little different. We have to read a Fiction and a Nonfiction book about the Holocaust. The books are of our choice, but they have to have AR tests. (It stands of Accelerated Reader. It's a program that holds tests for books you have read.)
Well I have chosen to read Obsessed as my fiction because I knew no one else would pick that one. It's 498 page long and we have to read the books at least twice. e_e Now, I couldn't find a nonfiction book that someone else hadn't already picked. So, I asked my friend to bring me one. (Her mom is an AP English teacher so I knew she would have one.) She brought me Survival in Auschwitz. The vocabulary is this book is.. Large. (Unlike mine. Razz)
It's only 173 pages but the print is very tiny, and like I said the vocabulary is pretty intense. I have a feeling I'm going to have to read it more than twice. We are also reading The Devil's Arithmetic in class.

Okay, I don't know if you guys remember or not, but I had to take the Explore Test, which was a pre-ACT. I got my results back today. I scored well on it. My Composite Score is 20 and the highest you can possibly make is 25.
To be recommend for first year college courses in English you have to make at least a 13. I made an 18.
To be recommend for first year college courses in Math you have to make at least a 17. I made a 17.
To be recommend for first year college courses in Reading you have to make at least a 15. I made a 24. (One point away from a perfect score. D:<)
To be recommend for first year college courses in Science you have to make at least a 20. I made a 19. -__- One point away. Science is one of my strong points in school but the reason I didn't score as well as I should have is because all of the science section was charts and graphs. What the heck?
We also took an aptitude test and here are the results I got. :'D
Natural Science & Technologies
Physicist; Biologist; Chemist; Statistician
Medical Technologies
Pharmacist; Optician; Dietitian; Technologists (surgical, etc.)
Health Care
Recreational Therapist; Dental Assistant; Licensed Practical Nurse
Education
Administrator; Athletic Coach; Teacher
Community Services
Social Worker; Lawyer; Paralegal; Counselor; Clergy

This is pretty cool. ^_^ I've been wanting to figure out what kind of job I want and this helps to narrow it down a bit. I've thought about being a Wildlife Biologist, and a career test I took said I would be a good Organic Chemist. (We haven't gotten into Chemisty at school yet so I don't know. I hope I will be considering everything says I will. xP) I have a way with medicine although I would rather work with alternative medicines compared to over the counter. A few people have told me I would make a good teacher but I'm not so sure. Kids drive me nuts. xD So my dad suggested being a College Professor. o_O
Man oh man. Lawyer. My dad is pushing me so much to be a lawyer and now that I have it as a result on my aptitude test he's going to push me even more.. Whatever. >_<
(I would make a wonderful Counselor. Crushing all these kids dreams and putting reality in their heads. :'D)

Okay guys. I got my report card today. I made two 92s. D: I MADE TWO B'S. >_< One more point on each grade and I would have all A's, but nooo. The reason this upsets me is because I really, really want to go to this Early College and if I have "perfect" grades it will increase my change at getting accepted.

Algebra- 92 B
Language Arts- 94 A
Science- 94 A
Social Studies- 92 B (How did I make a B in this class? >_>)
Health/P.E.- 93 A
Computer Skills Application- 96 A

Helpful Links!

If only I had an enemy bigger than my apathy, I could've won

U got kik? xXStormheartXx
My tumblr can be disturbing and is for mature audiences only. Message me if interested.

Back to top Go down
Blagonet
Moderator Apprentice
Moderator Apprentice

Prey Points : 8881

Character Sheet
PostSubject: Re: School. (I'm going to talk about a lot of things so I don't know what else to call it. xP)   Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:46 pm

Do you have the link to that aptitude test? I would like to take it to see what I get... probably a lot of them will be scientific and very little in the liberal arts... hate that stuff -.- We have SOLs (Standards of Learning) and I have only taken my Science one so far, and I got a 600. Out of 600. Very Happy To pass you need toget a 400 or more. We also had these Math and Language Arts tests (I can't emember what they were called) but I got a 1410(?) out of 1500 on my Langiage Arts one and 1315 out of 1500 on my Math one. We also had Algebra and French midterms, I got a 98.5 on my French, and 93 on my Algebra. The highest score someone got on the Algebra exam was 102.5% (extra credit)... Why-fore dost thou torment me so, smart Algebra Student???

Anyways, good job Storm! I wish you the best of luck in getting into the early college school Very Happy

Oooh 1800th post! And ahead of schedule! Now I should reach 1900 by Feb 9th, at current rates Very Happy

Creativity is a highfalutin' word for the work I have to do between now and Tuesday
-Ray Kroc

I wish to design something useable for all. Call me a visonary, and that's what I am. Call me a dreamer, and that's what I am. But, call me insane, and that's what you are.

One of the four Warriors of the Month July 2012 along with Tempest, Icetail, and Rubywing

Last edited by Blagonet on Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Stormheart
Administrator
Administrator

Prey Points : 6075

Character Sheet
PostSubject: Re: School. (I'm going to talk about a lot of things so I don't know what else to call it. xP)   Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:48 pm

There is no link Blag. o_O It was on the Explore test.

And thank you, but I didn't do as good as I would have liked to. >_>

Helpful Links!

If only I had an enemy bigger than my apathy, I could've won

U got kik? xXStormheartXx
My tumblr can be disturbing and is for mature audiences only. Message me if interested.

Back to top Go down
Moonpaw
StarClan Cat
StarClan Cat

Prey Points : 3716

PostSubject: Re: School. (I'm going to talk about a lot of things so I don't know what else to call it. xP)   Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:51 am

This was very interesting. Thank you for sharing Stormie. You see, you have a...different system where you live than in Norway. Your way is more complicated, and that way bring more choices, demands, and more help in giving ideas to what you can become when you grow up.

I feel that here in Norway, atleast at the schools I was in have to little help to offer in the way you school does. Yes, you can talk with teachers and advisers, get magazines with schools you can choose, what kind off stuff they teach there and so on. But there are no tests like you have.

I get the impression that here its all to yourself and your own choices. Dont get me wrong, in the end you are the one that will choose what you will do and what to become when you grow up, but atleast teachers there make tests and things like that to help you see what you have...uhm...talents (can I use that word here I wonder) you have.

The problem with alot of human is that they dont realise what they want to do, or what they true interests really are after they hit a age of 18-20, and than its usually when you are already done with college, and probably are studying in high school.

Back to top Go down
Blagonet
Moderator Apprentice
Moderator Apprentice

Prey Points : 8881

Character Sheet
PostSubject: Re: School. (I'm going to talk about a lot of things so I don't know what else to call it. xP)   Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:21 am

Well, I know my job HAS to be in one of three areas: Science (Chrmistry or Physics), Engineerinh, and maybe possibly politics. In France, you have to go into one of three areas: Sciencs, Arts, or Economical Sciences. I would have to choose between Sciencs and Economical sciences... I don't like having to choose D:

Creativity is a highfalutin' word for the work I have to do between now and Tuesday
-Ray Kroc

I wish to design something useable for all. Call me a visonary, and that's what I am. Call me a dreamer, and that's what I am. But, call me insane, and that's what you are.

One of the four Warriors of the Month July 2012 along with Tempest, Icetail, and Rubywing

Back to top Go down
Tempest
Fighter
Fighter

Prey Points : 740

Character Sheet
Clan: Rogues, Loners, and Kittypets
PostSubject: Re: School. (I'm going to talk about a lot of things so I don't know what else to call it. xP)   Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:00 am

I read a holocaust book called "I have lived a thousand years" it's really good and not that long Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Rubywing
Legend
Legend

Prey Points : 5438

Character Sheet
PostSubject: Re: School. (I'm going to talk about a lot of things so I don't know what else to call it. xP)   Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:03 am

IT'S BECAUSE THEY LIKE BEING TROLLS!

No seriously. My homeroom/math/ELA teacher gives the most homework of the three teachers I have! Heck, my science teacher basically NEVER gives science homework! ;A;
Back to top Go down
http://warriorhollow.forumotion.com
Icetail
Hunter
Hunter

Prey Points : 1040

Character Sheet
Clan:

PostSubject: Re: School. (I'm going to talk about a lot of things so I don't know what else to call it. xP)   Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:52 pm

lol I didn't get my grades yet and whatnot. This week all we did was finals so let's hope I did good Razz
Back to top Go down
Littlestep
Fighter
Fighter

Prey Points : 603

PostSubject: Re: School. (I'm going to talk about a lot of things so I don't know what else to call it. xP)   Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:15 am

got report card and im one point from beating this stuck up girl in my class! Check this out!
So one of our teachers (i hate her) told this boy everyone's grades in my class. She did that before too, but last time that stuck up girl was so happy cause she got the highest this time at first she thought she didnt but the next day she found out she did... she was so happy! She was lucky i didnt tell her that i was 1 point away from punching her lights out! (that dosnt make sense but whatevs i was so pissed at her! Evil or Very Mad ) Do u guys know ppl and teachers like that? Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Mosspelt
Administrator
Administrator

Prey Points : 5458

Character Sheet
PostSubject: Re: School. (I'm going to talk about a lot of things so I don't know what else to call it. xP)   Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:24 am

Oh boy, that is literally the worst things teachers do is give project on top of project! You'd think they could do something to make sure this doesn't happen (we actually have 2 hour late starts every Tuesday's so teachers can get together and have meetings and plan stuff but they still always manage to give piles of homework/projects/tests on the same day). But your holocaust project should be a lot of fun, that's a sad time period but it's really great to learn about. The science project...not as much fun sounding. XD I have some projects right now to;

For English we have to choose a topic, it can be anything that interests us, and research/learn how to do it for four months, and then in May we have to give a 15 minute presentation on it. The topic I chose was to research the New Kingdom period of Egypt and then write short stories of the various pharaohs/common people, but I have yet to find a mentor for my project.
For ALpha I'm working with a partner (who I somewhat despise) to research and write a paper on the history/culture/government of Italy pre World War I, and then we also have to write about diplomacy and yeah not as much fun.

Lol, for my report card I got all A s except in Spanish (which I hate), and that's mainly because I got a C on my Spanish final, so...whoopsies. But I got a B overall. Razz

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: School. (I'm going to talk about a lot of things so I don't know what else to call it. xP)   

Back to top Go down

School. (I'm going to talk about a lot of things so I don't know what else to call it. xP)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1