Treetop Whispers
Welcome to Treetop Whispers, a discussion forum for fans of the Warriors/Seekers series. The most complete Warrior Cats forum on the net, with discussion, roleplay, photo gallery, user profiles, and so much more!

HomePortalFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Don't forget to check and see if you have gotten any Friends Requests lately!
Don't forget to check your Visitor Messages from time to time!
Make sure to participate in the Halloween Scavenger Hunt! Sorry it's late.

Share | 

Divergent Updates!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Stormheart
Administrator
Administrator

Prey Points : 6075

Character Sheet
Clan: ThunderClan
PostSubject: Divergent Updates!    Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:57 pm

Alright all you Initiates, *Wink wink* the third book in the divergent trilogy comes out October 22nd! That's only 8 months away! Ugh, who am I kidding. *Sobs in corner* Eight whole months. *Wails* ANYWAY, if you live in Chicago and over 16, I envy you. They got to be extras in the Divergent movie. I'm so jealous right now. Razz
Here were the requirements.

People with a "rural" farmhand look (I do have that.)

People with military, weapons or martial arts training (Weapons training, check)

People with stunt and/or stage combat training (No, not professional anyway. Razz)

People with a "hippie" or Bohemian look. Longer hair preferred (both men and women) [Long hair yes, hippie, no. Razz]

People with visible tattoos and/or piercings (No but I can get one. D: I really want snake bites.)

Ages 16 and up, all ethnicities ( ): No.)

UGH WHAT!? Veronica Roth is going to be talking about her book, Divergent #3 with Rick Riordan who will be speaking about The House of Hades. My two favorite all time authors will be in the same building and I can't go. I don't know how that place is going to hold so much awesomeness. Razz

No one in the movie cast is official other than the actress playing Tris, which is Shailene Woodley. I don't really agree with this. In the book, several times, it stated Tris wasn't pretty. Shailene is pretty. Razz Mehhh, Tris also has big eyes. xD *Cough* Peter is supposed to be hot and Logan Lerman fits his description pretty well. ;D*cough* haha I would die if Logan Lerman was In Divergent. Who do you guys think would be good actors for any of the characters?

Here is the official music list for Divergent. Razz
Starts with One- Shiny Toy Guns
Chasm- Flyleaf
Come Alive- Foo Fighters
Again- Flyleaf
Help I'm Alive- Metric
There are some other ones but I'll get them later. >_<

If you guys see any cool pictures or anything let me know! This is basically a fan club so feel free to post anything about the Divergent trilogy you want! Also what faction would you guys be in? Apparently I'm Divergent, between Dauntless and Erudite.
"I am divergent and I can't be controlled." Amen!

I have another question. Who is your favorite character? I would have to say Four is mine. I like Lynn a lot too, before you know.. Yeah. Razz

Okay other random stuff!
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

The Manifestos. Which one do you agree with?

Abnegation the Selfless:

Amity the Peaceful:

Candor the Honest:

Erudite the Intelligent:

Dauntless the Brave:

Helpful Links!

If only I had an enemy bigger than my apathy, I could've won

U got kik? xXStormheartXx
My tumblr can be disturbing and is for mature audiences only. Message me if interested.

Back to top Go down
Blagonet
Moderator Apprentice
Moderator Apprentice

Prey Points : 8881

Character Sheet
PostSubject: Re: Divergent Updates!    Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:30 pm

I have none of the requirements (or almost none Razz), plus live 12 hrs away from chicago.Wait... Veronica Roth and Rick Riordan? WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.....AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?!?!?!?!?!?!?! WHERE??????? Lemme in Razz

Creativity is a highfalutin' word for the work I have to do between now and Tuesday
-Ray Kroc

I wish to design something useable for all. Call me a visonary, and that's what I am. Call me a dreamer, and that's what I am. But, call me insane, and that's what you are.

One of the four Warriors of the Month July 2012 along with Tempest, Icetail, and Rubywing

Back to top Go down
Mosspelt
Administrator
Administrator

Prey Points : 5458

Character Sheet
PostSubject: Re: Divergent Updates!    Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:17 am

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH *SCREAMS* *CRYS* SO CLOSE! Ugh, I'm like one state away and 3 months from being 16! *sob* And I meet all the requirements except for stunts (haha yeah no) and well...having your webbing pierced probably doesn't count as a visible piercing. AAAAH.Veronica Roth AND Rick Riordan?! I can die peacefully now. Ugh, I'm so excited for the new book, and a movie will be SO cool as long as they don't pick some total barbie doll actress for Tris. Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down
Stormheart
Administrator
Administrator

Character Sheet
PostSubject: Re: Divergent Updates!    Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:29 am

I don't know Blag. D: The article was very vague.

I have never head of that Moss. Razz Are you talking about the webbing on your hand between your thumb and index finger? That would annoy me. xD

And about the Tris thing, yes. >_> I'm still upset that Glimmer girl from the Hunger Games it going to be Clarissa in The Sea of Monsters.

Anyway, guys guys! Which faction would you be in? Whether you took the quiz of you're just guessing.

~Okay guys, I lied. I only want a side labret not snake bites. Razz

Helpful Links!

My tumblr can be disturbing and is for mature audiences only. Message me if interested.

Back to top Go down
Blagonet
Moderator Apprentice
Moderator Apprentice

Character Sheet
PostSubject: Re: Divergent Updates!    Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:35 am

A test said I would be Dauntless. I am definitely not fearless. I think I would be Erudite or Candor. Probably divergent between the two. Wait... which one is Erudite? :3

Creativity is a highfalutin' word for the work I have to do between now and Tuesday
-Ray Kroc

I wish to design something useable for all. Call me a visonary, and that's what I am. Call me a dreamer, and that's what I am. But, call me insane, and that's what you are.

One of the four Warriors of the Month July 2012 along with Tempest, Icetail, and Rubywing

Back to top Go down
Stormheart
Administrator
Administrator

Character Sheet
PostSubject: Re: Divergent Updates!    Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:15 am

BLAG! None of the dauntless are fearless, they just know how to function during the mist of fear. They strive to control their fear. Shame for saying that. Shame.

Helpful Links!

Back to top Go down
Blagonet
Moderator Apprentice
Moderator Apprentice

Character Sheet
PostSubject: Re: Divergent Updates!    Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:23 am

*sigh* okay.... eleminate the fearless. It's impossible for me to be a Dauntless. Maybe my younger self, but not me now. DEFINITELY not me now. Well, maybe... I'd like to think Ican function through fear.

-Ray Kroc

Back to top Go down
Stormheart
Administrator
Administrator

Character Sheet
PostSubject: Re: Divergent Updates!    Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:29 am

You're to soft for dauntless. :3 I don't know the blunt side of you either though. (Candor) I could see you being in erudite though.

Helpful Links!

Back to top Go down
Stormheart
Administrator
Administrator

Character Sheet
PostSubject: Re: Divergent Updates!    Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:09 pm

Guys, guys, guys, guys. Theo James will be playing Four! I think he looks to old BUT Veronica Roth watched him "try out" as Four and she said he was perfect. This is awesome.

Also, Jai Courtney will be playing Eric. I hope his makeup artist can pull off the creepy Eric look. Eheh, if they do I'm sure it will be great!

Helpful Links!

Back to top Go down
Moonpaw
StarClan Cat
StarClan Cat

Prey Points : 3716

PostSubject: Re: Divergent Updates!    Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:35 pm

Im going to read the book soon. I have asked at my local library if they can borrow it from another city. Someone have the book right now, but when they give it back Im going to read it. Im excited because I have heard so much good about the books.

Yeah, Im talking about the first book... Razz

(Want some ? No? What about some flower ...uh...maybe not...)
Back to top Go down
Stormheart
Administrator
Administrator

Character Sheet
PostSubject: Re: Divergent Updates!    Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:57 pm

Oh. My. God. Allegaint was released to day at Midnight. And. I. Don't. Have. It. Yet. *spazzes out and dies*
I won't be able to get it until next week end! How on Earth am I going to wait that long? D:

Helpful Links!

Back to top Go down
Moonpaw
StarClan Cat
StarClan Cat

PostSubject: Re: Divergent Updates!    Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:11 am

I have read the two first books. They were very good, but the main character, the girl sometimes annoyed me so much I felt like hitting someone right there. And when they make this books into movies I have a feeling they will destroy alot of the good parts from the books.
Back to top Go down
Stormheart
Administrator
Administrator

Character Sheet
PostSubject: Re: Divergent Updates!    Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:58 am

Well I'm almost 100% positive that is going to happen. But I still want to see the movie. Roth is helping the directors, and she picked out all the casts so I don't think it's going to be THAT bad. Everything cut out of the movies had to go by her first.
When I walk into the theater I'm going to walk in there with an open mind. I'm going to judge it as a movie. Not how much it got correct from the books.

Helpful Links!

Back to top Go down
Moonpaw
StarClan Cat
StarClan Cat

PostSubject: Re: Divergent Updates!    Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:46 pm

Do you have any idea when the movie will be finished?
Yeah. I will toowatch the movie as a movie, and not put the books up to compare. But I hope the characters wont be overdone I mean, when someone is hurt, then I want to see them hurt. when they have been fighting, I want to see the characters look like they have been fighting...Razz
Back to top Go down
Stormheart
Administrator
Administrator

Character Sheet
PostSubject: Re: Divergent Updates!    Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:09 pm

March 20th 2014. Such a long time. D:

And yeah, I know what you mean. I think they did a good job picking Tris. She's pretty but not SUPER pretty. Ya know?

Helpful Links!

Back to top Go down
Moonpaw
StarClan Cat
StarClan Cat

PostSubject: Re: Divergent Updates!    Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:58 pm

Sounds promising. I really dislike when they choose someone too pretty for the role, or rather make them to pretty for the role. When they pick someone who look like she is walking on the catwalk through the whole movie, and her hair, her make-up, her clothes are almost not touched by anything. After a fight, some look like only the the wind had been blowing. When almost drowning, some look like they only have taken a swim in the sea with their clothes on; the make-up is still in place, the hair looks to good, even wet, and then its suddenly dry in the next act, and just like that the character has THAT hair, like she has been styling it for a long time. Razz  
Back to top Go down
Silverstream
Fighter
Fighter

Prey Points : 356

Character Sheet
PostSubject: Re: Divergent Updates!    Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:54 am

uhm i just skipped to the trilogy or what ever book my big sister reads those books she loves ehm even though shes 19 0.0
Back to top Go down
Stormheart
Administrator
Administrator

Character Sheet
PostSubject: Re: Divergent Updates!    Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:29 pm

Yeah, lots of young adults like them. They're pretty symbolic and have a theme that's hard to wrap your mind around.

Helpful Links!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Divergent Updates!    

Back to top Go down

Divergent Updates!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1