Treetop Whispers
Welcome to Treetop Whispers, a discussion forum for fans of the Warriors/Seekers series. The most complete Warrior Cats forum on the net, with discussion, roleplay, photo gallery, user profiles, and so much more!
Treetop Whispers
Welcome to Treetop Whispers, a discussion forum for fans of the Warriors/Seekers series. The most complete Warrior Cats forum on the net, with discussion, roleplay, photo gallery, user profiles, and so much more!
Treetop Whispers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome back to Treetop Whispers, everyone! It has been far too long.
Don't forget to check your Friend Requests and Visitor Messages from time to time!

Help with Names!

Go down 
+5
Missy Magpie
Rubywing
Moonpaw
Blagonet
Stormheart
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Stormheart
Administrator
Administrator
Stormheart

Prey Points : 6089

Character Sheet
Clan: ThunderClan

Help with Names! Empty
PostSubject: Help with Names!   Help with Names! EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 9:59 pm

Okay guys, well every time I join a warrior cat roleplay I have to think of an awesome name, and to be honest It takes longer than it should! I would like you guys to make a list for me. (I will just refer back to this list every time I need a Warrior cat name.)
I really like names with, Storm, Fire, Flame, Spark, Song, Blaze, Leaf, Blade, Heart, and Ember. (And others I can not think of). Names that have Claw, Fur, Pelt, and Stripe aren't my favorite but I can deal with them if they have a good match. Like Stormclaw.
Please avoid girly names such as flower, and petal. Basically don't list a name a guy wouldn't use. Razz
Back to top Go down
Blagonet
Moderator Apprentice
Moderator Apprentice
Blagonet

Prey Points : 8896

Character Sheet

Help with Names! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help with Names!   Help with Names! EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 10:13 pm

I like Grassleaf, Snowbreeze, and Tanglepelt, but those are usually taken by me. (Except for Snowbreeze, which I haven't used yet, but I might)
Back to top Go down
Stormheart
Administrator
Administrator
Stormheart

Character Sheet

Help with Names! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help with Names!   Help with Names! EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 11:10 pm

Well I obviously meant ones you haven't used yet, Blag. Razz
Back to top Go down
Moonpaw
StarClan Cat
StarClan Cat
Moonpaw

Prey Points : 3716

Help with Names! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help with Names!   Help with Names! EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 12:01 am

What about:

Firesong
Flamehunter
Emberfight
Stormrunner
Sharpblade
Thunderheart
Shadowblade
Emberheart
Flamecatcher
Bladeheart
Lightningfire

Back to top Go down
Stormheart
Administrator
Administrator
Stormheart

Character Sheet

Help with Names! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help with Names!   Help with Names! EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 12:10 am

Well I really really like Firesong, but I have already used that before. Razz
Back to top Go down
Rubywing
Legend
Legend
Rubywing

Prey Points : 5438

Character Sheet

Help with Names! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help with Names!   Help with Names! EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 3:24 am

How about these:

Redblaze

Fireblade

Luckheart

Embersong

Firestorm

Gingerstorm
Back to top Go down
http://warriorhollow.forumotion.com
Stormheart
Administrator
Administrator
Stormheart

Character Sheet

Help with Names! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help with Names!   Help with Names! EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 5:28 am

I like Firestorm. ^_^ I've never used it in a roleplay but I have thought of it before. Gingerstorm is pretty cool too.
Back to top Go down
Missy Magpie
Fighter
Fighter
Missy Magpie

Prey Points : 1947

Character Sheet
Clan: RiverClan

Help with Names! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help with Names!   Help with Names! EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 3:35 pm

Use the cat's personality..never just choose names because they sound cool. Not saying you do. But..usually the prefix is based on appearance or personality shown in the kit's first few days of life, and the suffix is chosen to match the charactre's personality, OCCASIONALLY his or her appearance. For example, Sandstorm has that light brown, sandy coat, and her personality when she was appointed warrior was rude and blunt. Storms are fierce, and so was she.

You probably already know this..it just really annoys me when people choose warrior names only because they "sound cool".
Back to top Go down
http://www.forgottenpurrs.forumotion.cc
Stormheart
Administrator
Administrator
Stormheart

Character Sheet

Help with Names! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help with Names!   Help with Names! EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 7:28 pm

I've never really thought of it like that Missy. I normally think of a name before that cat's personality anyway. I mean when I created the character "Stormheart" I picked a name I liked as a person. It fits my personality simply because I like it. (For instance, I do not like the name Petaldew because it doesn't fit me at all, yet I would like it if someone else used it.)
I know that everything I just said probably doesn't make any sense to you, but it makes perfect sense to me.
I also don't understand why kits would get named after their appearance. I have grown up around many kittens and cats and know for a fact that the color of their fur often changes. Not every time but it does happen a lot. Yet in the books it never happens, not even once.

In roleplays though, I do use names I generally wouldn't like because the character has a personality that is totally different from mine. I just like to base their personality off of their name, not their name off of their personality.
Back to top Go down
Rubywing
Legend
Legend
Rubywing

Prey Points : 5438

Character Sheet

Help with Names! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help with Names!   Help with Names! EmptySun Jan 13, 2013 1:45 am

Huh...you're right Missy! Though the weird thing is that I just pick names that I think are good with the cat...looks, personality, or just clicks with them. I created the name Rubywing partly because it went well with the cat it was for, and partly because I liked/like gemstones.
Back to top Go down
http://warriorhollow.forumotion.com
Bliss
Bliss

Prey Points : 37

Character Sheet
Clan:

Help with Names! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help with Names!   Help with Names! EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 12:46 am

Hm, well I have a few suggestions. Very Happy Enjoy.

Embercity [Not sure if that's too non-realistic...]
Papermoon [heh]
Swanlake [ha ha, ignore this if your character is male.]
Battlecry [merp]
Frostbite [rawr]
Loophole [sounds neat, eh?]
Sundance [cool]
Checkmate [again, not sure if it's too non-realistic...?]
Back to top Go down
Silverstream
Fighter
Fighter

Prey Points : 356

Character Sheet

Help with Names! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help with Names!   Help with Names! EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 1:06 am

I like these:

Stormfire
Lionblaze
Stormclaw
Emberfur
Emberstripe
Sharpclaw
Fireblaze
Back to top Go down
Tempest
Fighter
Fighter
Tempest

Prey Points : 742

Character Sheet
Clan: Rogues, Loners, and Kittypets

Help with Names! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help with Names!   Help with Names! EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 3:35 pm

I like the name Shadowseer Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Silverstream
Fighter
Fighter

Prey Points : 356

Character Sheet

Help with Names! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help with Names!   Help with Names! EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 10:12 pm

How about Frostblade
Back to top Go down
Honeyblaze
Patrol Leader
Patrol Leader
Honeyblaze

Prey Points : 2215

Character Sheet

Help with Names! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help with Names!   Help with Names! EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 10:50 pm

Missy Magpie wrote:
Use the cat's personality..never just choose names because they sound cool. Not saying you do. But..usually the prefix is based on appearance or personality shown in the kit's first few days of life, and the suffix is chosen to match the charactre's personality, OCCASIONALLY his or her appearance.

I never actually realized that the suffix is based on personality... You have a good point.

Some names are:
Iceheart
Bladeheart (kinda stupid)
Emberheart
Stonespark
Flameheart
Tigerflame
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Help with Names! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help with Names!   Help with Names! Empty

Back to top Go down