Treetop Whispers
Welcome to Treetop Whispers, a discussion forum for fans of the Warriors/Seekers series. The most complete Warrior Cats forum on the net, with discussion, roleplay, photo gallery, user profiles, and so much more!
Treetop Whispers
Welcome to Treetop Whispers, a discussion forum for fans of the Warriors/Seekers series. The most complete Warrior Cats forum on the net, with discussion, roleplay, photo gallery, user profiles, and so much more!
Treetop Whispers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome back to Treetop Whispers, everyone! It has been far too long.
Don't forget to check your Friend Requests and Visitor Messages from time to time!

Chapter 1

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Mosspelt
Administrator
Administrator
Mosspelt

Prey Points : 5465

Character Sheet
Clan: ThunderClan

Chapter 1 Empty
PostSubject: Chapter 1   Chapter 1 EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 12:12 am

Here is Chapter 1 and the Prologue:

PROLOGUE

Mosspelt pads into the RiverClan camp, a small she-kit swinging from her jaws.
"What's this, a stray kit?" mews Graymist.
The queen walks up to Mosspelt and sniffs the kit.
"She's not of RiverClan!" Graymist mews in shock.
Cats appear from their dens and crowd around the two queens.
"I found her, by ShadowClan's border." Mosspelt mews softly, setting the kit between her paws.
Reedwhisker flick his tail "She sure smells of ShadowClan"
"And twolegs!" a cat yowls from the crowd.
Worried mews come from all around the clearing.
"Great, now our territory will be filled with twolegs looking for their lost kit!"
"They'll find the camp!"
"Hush! No twolegs will find the camp."
All eyes turn to Mistystar, who pads up to Mosspelt.
"Mosspelt, I assume you have a reason for bringing this kit here?"
"Smell her." Mosspelt replies.
The queen sees her leader's puzzled expression, and scoot the kit forward.
Mistystar hesitates and than scent the kit.
"I only smell ShadowClan and Twolegs."
She pauses, eyes wide.
"And, and....." She trails off
"That's right" Mosspelt whispers "ThunderClan"
Mistystar looks at the kit and than back at Mosspelt
"You've found her, you've found Firestar's lost kit."

CHAPTER 1

A tiny she-kit wriggles in her nest, her tail twitching as she dreams. A tortoiseshell queen rests her paw on the kits twitching tail, frightening the kit out of her sleep. The tiny gray kit leaps out of her nest, white tip tailed twitching. "Your not my mother, a-and this isn't ThunderClan! Who are you, and what is this place?!" The queen purrs "Calm your self little one. My name is Mosspelt, and no, this isn't ThunderClan, this is RiverClan." "No wonder it smells so bad." the kit snorts. Suddenly, she is drawn to the entrench of the nursery, where she hears voices beyond "Alright, it's your turn to be ThunderClan" one mews "Awwww! But I don't want to be stinky ThunderClan!" The she-kit puffs out her fur and bursts through the reeds, landing on a slender tabby tom. "What did you say about ThunderClan?!" She hisses. Mosspelt pads out of the nursery and grabs the she-kit by her scruff. "There, there, no need to get angry." "So, this is the ThunderClan rat?" Snarls a light brown tabby tom. "Rushpaw!" Mosspelt snaps, setting the kit on the ground in front of her. "Well, I don't see why you had to bring her back here, she's a ThunderClan cat." Rushpaw retorts. "And she's also a kit, and the Warrior Code says that no warrior may harm a kit, no matter what Clan she is from." mews a gray she-cat. The slender cat weaves her way up to the apprentice "Now, I believe you have training to do Rushpaw" the apprentice dips his head "Yes Mistystar." Mistystar pads up to Mosspelt "Does she have a name?" "No! But she does have ears!" the kit snaps "And an attitude" Mosspelt mews, covering the kits mouth with her tail "But no, she was taken by twolegs before her parents could name her." Mistystar narrows her eyes "And your sure she is the one?" "Of course! She has Sandstorm's temper, and Firestar's eyes." "Than it is decided. I will get Willowshine and Mothwing, than we shall head to ThunderClan, and return her to her Clan." As the gray she-cat headed towards the medicine den, Mosspelt looked down at the tiny kit "Your journey is finally complete. You escaped from your twolegs and made it across ShadowClan's territory, and now your finally going home." the kit purred contently.

When Mistystar returns with Willowshine and Mothwing, they all head to the border. "Will we go along ShadowClan's border, or WindClan's?" Willowshine asks. "WindClan's. They tend to be more, um, understanding." Mistystar mews. When the she-cats cross over WindClan's scent markers, Mosspelt picks up the tiny she-kit. "Put me down!!" She demands, her white paws flailing. "Be quiet kit, or you'll attract a patrol!" Mothwing snaps. "Too late" Mistystar murmurs. In the distance, a WindClan patrol, lead by Heathertail, is drawing closer. "What are you doing on WindClan territory? " Heathertail asks, baring her teeth. Mistystar steps forward, "We are not here to steal prey" she glances at Breezepelt "We are on our way to ThunderClan." "Why?" hisses Boulderpaw, Breezepelt's apprentice. "That is between RiverClan and ThunderClan." Mistystar mews evenly. Heathertail gasps "You've found Firestar's missing kit!" She exclaims, her eyes locking on the kit in Mosspelt's mouth, who has stopped struggling and is now completely still. "Go, go on!" Heathertail urges on the RiverClan cats. The five continue on until they reach the ThunderClan scent markers. Mosspelt stops in her tracks "Should we ait for a atrol?" She mumbles through the kit's fur. Mothwing noses the kit "No, she needs a warm den and food, and the sooner she gets it, the better." Mistystar looks up at the blackening sky, and her fur begins to stick up at the sound of thunder. "Let's go, there's a patrol up ahead." The RiverClan cats don't go three pawsteps before they run into Thornclaw, Ivypool, and Cherrypaw. "RiverClan?! What are they doing here?" Cherrypaw asks, her fur fluffing up. "Explains yourselves" Thornclaw mews, a threatening tone in his mew. "I need to speak with Firestar" Mistystar demands, flicking her tail towards Mosspelt and the kit. Cherrypaw squeaks and Ivypool's jaw drops. Thornclaw tries to hide his surprise, "Follow me". Mistystar and her Clanmates speed after the ThunderClan cats, relieved when they finally reach the camp. "Firestar!" Thornclaw yowls, and the bright orange tom slides out of the nursery. When he sees the RiverClan cats, his eyes light up with surprise. "Mistystar? Is something wrong?" "No, but I need to talk with you." RiverClan's leader mews. "In private?" "No, that wont be necessary. Mosspelt was out patrolling by the ShadowClan border at dawn when she found a tiny gray kit with snow white paws, and a white tail tip. This she-kit smelled of ShadowClan, twolegs, and deep down, ThunderClan. Mosspelt took her back to our camp, where it was realized, this she-kit is yours." Mistystar steps back as Mosspelt pads forward and sets the kit at Firestar's paws. Firestar's eyes widen, and every cat in the clearing is silent. "It's been two moons, and we were beginning to lose hope...." His voice trails off "Hazeltail, can you get Sandstorm?" The warrior nods and than whisks into the nursery, returning a moment later with Sandstorm. The poor queen is only skin and bone, and is so weak she has to lean against Hazeltail for support. But when she sees her daughter, she makes a choking sound, and rushes forward. "Is she okay? Has she been checked? Where's Jayfeather?!" she rasps. Jayfeather pushes through the crowd of assembled cats "I'm here". He sniffs the she-kit, grabs her by the scruff and carries her into the den, with Sandstorm limping after him. Firestar begins to pad after them, but stops "Brambleclaw, show Mistystar and her Clanmates to a place where they can rest, and make sure they get fresh-kill as well" he than slides into the nursery. Brambleclaw approaches the RiverClan cats "I'll show you to the fresh-kill pile, and a place where you can rest." Mistystar, Mothwing, and Willowshine follow the tabby warrior, but Mosspelt hesitates, "I'd like to see how Sandstorm and the kit are getting on first." she than pads into the nursery. "She's strong, and perfectly healthy." Jayfeather mews when he sees Mosspelt. "Good, have you decided on a name?" the tortoiseshell she-cat asks. Sandstorm looks up "Mosskit." Mosspelt purrs "I'm honored." Firestar sits up and faces the RiverClan queen, "I don't know how we will ever be able to repay you" Mosspelt cuts him off "There is no need to. Any cat would've done the same." "But we will still be forever thankful." Firestar mews, dipping his head to Mosspelt. Mosspelt smiles as she watches Mosskit rolling with a small, pale brown tom. "Her brother?" Mosspelt asks. Sandstorm nods, drawing her kits closer "Yes, his name is Fernkit, and he has finally been reunited with his sister."

Gahhh! >.< This is such an awkward chapter. Those of you that have read this before (first of all sorry for making you suffer again XP ) know that it gets better, or at least I hope it gets better Razz

Last edited by Mosspelt on Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Goldenfur
Legend
Legend
Goldenfur

Prey Points : 3718

Character Sheet
Clan: SkyClan

Chapter 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1   Chapter 1 EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 12:50 am

It's a wonderful chapter Mosspelt! You made Firestar's kit sound so cute! Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Chapter 1
Page 1 of 1