Treetop Whispers
Welcome to Treetop Whispers, a discussion forum for fans of the Warriors/Seekers series. The most complete Warrior Cats forum on the net, with discussion, roleplay, photo gallery, user profiles, and so much more!
Treetop Whispers
Welcome to Treetop Whispers, a discussion forum for fans of the Warriors/Seekers series. The most complete Warrior Cats forum on the net, with discussion, roleplay, photo gallery, user profiles, and so much more!
Treetop Whispers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome back to Treetop Whispers, everyone! It has been far too long.
Don't forget to check your Friend Requests and Visitor Messages from time to time!

Chapter Five

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Iceclaw
Legend
Legend
Iceclaw

Prey Points : 3875

Character Sheet
Clan: RiverClan

Chapter Five Empty
PostSubject: Chapter Five   Chapter Five EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 1:06 pm

C H A P T E R F I VE

Four moons had past.
Wolfclaw, Willowfur and Holyblaze were sitting outside in vigil in the dark, an important ritual that all cats who have received their warrior names must do. Silverpaw was watching them with one open eye. Twice, he saw Wolfclaw leaping onto the Icicle Ledge. Willowfur was fidgeting while Holyblaze seemed calm and silently guarded the camp.
Silverpaw could hear the squealing of kits from the nursery. He could see the shadows of Sharpclaw at the entrance of the nursery. Ripplekit, a ginger striped tom, Stripekit, a ginger-and-white tom and Bluekit, a blue-gray she-kit were inside with Lilyfur. He could see Echoshine’s kit, Swiftkit, rolling about on the ground.
Silverpaw purred to himself. Then, he went back to sleep.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Newleaf had arrived.
Silverpaw was having his apprentice assessment today. As silently as he could, Silverpaw padded through the Whispering Willows, his ears pricked for any sign of prey. He sniffed the air. He could smell mouse nearby. He froze and tried to pinpoint the mouse’s location. Just then, he saw a flash of gray fur. And there it was, right beside the willow tree in front. Dropping into a crouch, Silverpaw stalked forward, his ears flattened and his tail held low.
Just then, he heard the wind whispered, “You’re back again.”
Silverpaw stumbled and accidentally snapped a twig. The mouse rushed away to safety. He hissed in frustration and scanned around wildly but he could see nothing.
“You can’t see me young one. I am the one who rides with wind,” The leaves of the willow trees rustled.
Silverpaw stammered,” Who… who are you?”
“I am the wind,” A sudden gale of strong wind crashed into Silverpaw forcefully and Silverpaw quavered.
The wind calmed down, a cool breeze whirled around. “We will meet again young one.”
Just then, a voice rumbled from behind,” Silverpaw? I know I’m not allowed to speak but you should concentrate on your assessment.”
Sharpclaw silently stared at the willow tree beside the abandoned fox den. His voice was grim. “My father’s spirit is in that tree. I miss the times we had together…”
Silverpaw listened in silence. Sharpclaw shook his head and mewed,” Good luck for your assessment! Don’t disappoint me!” The blue-gray general slinked away into the shadows.
Silverpaw flattened his ears in concentration and leaped into the undergrowth.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Silverpaw returned with his eyes shining brightly. He had caught three mice, a finch and two trout. Sharpclaw was waiting expectantly by the camp entrance. He purred in approval when Silverpaw dropped his catch onto the fresh-kill pile. “You have passed. I am very proud of you Silverpaw,” Sharpclaw murmured into his ear. Silverpaw dipped his head in respect and spotted Shinypaw washing herself in the main clearing. He bounded over towards her.
The gray she-cat raised her head and brushed past him,” Come, let go for a walk.”
Silverpaw mewed in agreement and followed her. They raced through the forest and settled down by a birch tree. He stretched lazily on the ground while Shinypaw attempted to climb the tree. “You won’t make it Shinypaw!” Silverpaw playfully leaped at a butterfly.
Suddenly, he paused in his pawsteps. He tasted the air. It was filled with the smell of burning flames. “Shinypaw!” He yowled,” The camp is on fire!” Shinypaw scrambled down the tree in horror. The two of them rushed towards the camp, their eyes wide with fear. The camp was in flames, thick smoke prevented them from nearing. With their eyes stinging, Silverpaw and Shinypaw turned back and ran towards the Great Maple and sheltered in under it.
When the fire had extinguished, they rushed back, squeezed through the camp entrance and gasped. The camp was blackened with soot. Silverpaw glanced around. The camp was empty. Just then, Silverpaw spotted Winterstar lying weakly beside the Icicle Ledge with Icepaw and Snowpaw crouching over him. He padded over. The white tom gazed at Silverpaw.
"I, Winterstar, call upon my warrior ancestors to look down upon this apprentice. He has trained hard to understand the ways of your noble code, and I commend him to you as a warrior in his turn."
"Silverpaw, do you promise to uphold the warrior code and defend this clan, even at the cost of your life?"
Silverpaw replied steadily,” I do.”
“Then by the powers of Starclan I give you your warrior name. Silverpaw, from now on, you will be known as Silverfur, IceClan welcomes you as a full warrior."
Silverfur respectfully licked his shoulder and backed away. Winterstar repeated the same few words to Shinypaw and Icepaw.
"I, Winterstar, call upon my warrior ancestors to look down upon this apprentice. She has trained hard to understand the ways of your noble code, and I commend him to you as a warrior in his turn."
"Snowpaw, do you promise to uphold the warrior code and defend this clan, even at the cost of your life?"
Snowpaw shivered with excitement. “I do,” She mewed.
“Then by the powers of Starclan I give you your warrior name…” Winterstar’s voice wavered and he lay on the ground.
The four of them stared at each other in disbelief.
“What should we do? And what is Snowpaw’s warrior name?” Iceclaw wailed and the sky rumbled as if in reply. Snowpaw shifted her paws uncomfortably, her tail drooping. Silverpaw felt sorry for his sister. He knew that she had been waiting for the moment she was made warrior.
“I think Winterstar said that your warrior name would be Snowtail,” Silverpaw gently told Snowpaw. She gave a weak nod.
Silverpaw buried his face into Winterstar’s fur. “Thank you for your wisdom.” He solemnly mewed. His littermates did the same.
Shinypelt narrowed her eyes. “Everyone, spread out and try to find our Clanmates.”
Silverfur poked his head into the nursery. It was all empty except a pile of white fur breathing heavily. “Frozenfur!” He yowled and licked her face. She gazed at him with pride. “You have a great future, my son. One day you might lead your Clan and bring victory for IceClan.”
Her voice lowered. “I should not have kept this from you. But Stonestep is not your father,” She indicated the lifeless gray body beside. “You have your real father’s silver fur. I was once a Clan cat, but your father banished me from his Clan and I have lived like a rogue until Winterstar brought me in.”
“My son… I have watched you grow up. But it is the time for you to continue on living alone…” Frozenfur shuddered,” May StarClan light your path.”
“No! Mother, don’t leave me!” Silverfur wailed.
Frozenfur closed her eyes and lay still. Silverfur’s eyes were filled with sorrow. He murmured,” I will find my true father and won’t let you down.”
Back to top Go down
Goldenfur
Legend
Legend
Goldenfur

Prey Points : 3718

Character Sheet
Clan: SkyClan

Chapter Five Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 1:12 pm

O...k...I don't really get some of the parts. You mean Winterstar died?
Back to top Go down
Iceclaw
Legend
Legend
Iceclaw

Character Sheet

Chapter Five Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 1:15 pm

Yes he did. He breathed in too much smoke...
Back to top Go down
Goldenfur
Legend
Legend
Goldenfur

Prey Points : 3718

Character Sheet
Clan: SkyClan

Chapter Five Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 1:41 pm

Oh...Silverpaw's mother died too?
Back to top Go down
Iceclaw
Legend
Legend
Iceclaw

Character Sheet

Chapter Five Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 1:59 pm

Yes she did!
Back to top Go down
Stonestep
StarClan Cat
StarClan Cat
Stonestep

Prey Points : 3054

Character Sheet
Clan: ThunderClan

Chapter Five Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 10:15 pm

AWWW Stonestep died!!!!!!!! Why did you make me die!!! LOL. LOVE LOVE LOVE THAT CHAPTER!!! Do not stop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Iceclaw
Legend
Legend
Iceclaw

Character Sheet

Chapter Five Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 11:20 pm

Haha sorry Sad thanks... its not on purpose haha Razz
Back to top Go down
Stonestep
StarClan Cat
StarClan Cat
Stonestep

Character Sheet

Chapter Five Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 3:54 pm

It is okay. He will be welcomed in StarClan now!
Back to top Go down
Iceclaw
Legend
Legend
Iceclaw

Character Sheet

Chapter Five Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 1:01 am

LOL LOL LOL!!! Razz
Back to top Go down
Stonestep
StarClan Cat
StarClan Cat
Stonestep

Character Sheet

Chapter Five Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 8:08 pm

Ha! Yeah! But thanks again for putting my name in there.
Back to top Go down
Iceclaw
Legend
Legend
Iceclaw

Character Sheet

Chapter Five Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 10:41 pm

No problem! I plan to put ALL OF TTW in my book~ <3
And you're a great friend too! XD