Treetop Whispers
Welcome to Treetop Whispers, a discussion forum for fans of the Warriors/Seekers series. The most complete Warrior Cats forum on the net, with discussion, roleplay, photo gallery, user profiles, and so much more!
Treetop Whispers
Welcome to Treetop Whispers, a discussion forum for fans of the Warriors/Seekers series. The most complete Warrior Cats forum on the net, with discussion, roleplay, photo gallery, user profiles, and so much more!
Treetop Whispers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome back to Treetop Whispers, everyone! It has been far too long.
Don't forget to check your Friend Requests and Visitor Messages from time to time!

Silverstream's Current (A fanfic of Silverstream)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
SnowPrancer
Patrol Leader
Patrol Leader
SnowPrancer

Prey Points : 1285

Character Sheet
Clan: WindClan

Silverstream's Current (A fanfic of Silverstream) Empty
PostSubject: Silverstream's Current (A fanfic of Silverstream)   Silverstream's Current (A fanfic of Silverstream) EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 12:31 am

Hello! As I have mentioned earlier, I planned to move some of my stories from the offical forum here to share with you guys and gain a new auidence. I finished this story a long time ago, but I am still brushing out a few details!
Here's the first Three chapters!

Prolouge
Greenflower yowled as a spasm rippled through her.
"This is very unusual. She's been in labour since dawn." Mudfur meowed.
"Then give her something to make it go faster!" Crookedstar wailed in panic.
"Only time and patience will get this kit out of Greenflower's belly, Crookedstar." Mudfur advised, guilt stabbing his belly like sharp claws.
Crookedstar’s gaze softened and rested his tail on Mudfur’s shoulder.
“There was nothing you could do. I will never blame you for this loss, Mudfur.” Crookedstar whispered gently, gesturing to the cold ball of fur near the entrance.
Mudfur nodded, swallowing the solid rock of grief in his throat, then crouched beside Greenflower. Greenflower screeched as another spasm seized her.
"Just hang on Greenflower. It will all be over soon." Mudfur murmured.
"You said that at sunhigh, and here we are, at sunset!" Greenflower hissed through gritted teeth. Another spasm shook Greenflower's pelt, and a tiny kit tumbled into the moss. Mudfur released the kit from its sac. Mudfur put the kit to Greenflower's belly while Crookedstar licked it dry.
"Good, that's one. The rest should be born soon, right?" Crookedstar mewed hopefully, but fear still shone in his eyes.
“That is the rest. One she-kit." Mudfur corrected.
"Just one? I spent all that time for one kit?" Greenflower groaned, rolling onto her side.
Mudfur felt the same feeling of guilt deep inside, knowing that half of her painful efforts was for a desperately short life.
"Yes. I'll fetch you some borage leaves." Mudfur said calmly, leaving the two new parents alone.
"Just one, one beautiful daughter. What should we call her?" Crookedstar purred.
"I can't think of anything. I have a headache." Greenflower whined. Crookedstar looked close at his tiny daughter. She shined a beautiful silver with pale stripes.
"I have an idea.," Crookedstar whispered as he crouched beside her.
"Silverkit. Welcome to the World, Silverkit." Crookedstar announced, purring.

Chapter 1

Silverkit crawled though the bushes, stalking a black worm. Silverkit tried to concentrate as best as she could. Silverkit was almost five moons old, still a long way away from apprenticeship. But her father was RiverClan leader. If she proved to him that she was a good hunter so far, she could become an apprentice early.
She pounced on the worm, and she was greeted by a hiss. She looked up in horror to find Blackpaw!
"Furball! Get off my tail!" Blackpaw snarled. He spun around, swinging Silverkit in the air. Silverkit desperately tried to cling on, but her claws failed her. She lost grip and flew through the air, landing on her back. She rolled twice and landed on her side. A shadow casted over her, and Silverkit looked up.
"Blackpaw! Play nice! She's only a kit!" The cat barked. It was Oakheart, Blackpaw's mentor, and the RiverClan deputy. Blackpaw walked up toward him, trapping Silverkit.
"It wouldn’t have happened if she pounced." Blackpaw growled.
"Kits are precious Blackpaw, you can't just throw them around!" Oakheart hissed.
"Are you even listening to me!" Blackpaw sneered. The tension between then crackled like lighting. Both of them unsheathed their claws, and it prickled Silverkit's fur.
"Umm, excuse me,,?" Silverkit mewed nervously.
"STOP!" A voice yowled. It was Greenflower.
"You two were going to pounce on each other and trample my poor daughter! Aren't you two on the dawn patrol?" Greenflower hissed.
Silverkit always thought Oakheart looked red before, but now he looked really bright red.
"Oh right,, Come on Blackpaw." Oakheart said, racing out of camp.
"Oakheart! Wait up!" Blackpaw whined.
Oakheart must really be embarrassed. Silverkit thought.
"Hm,hm,hm! Silly toms!" Greenflower purred.

Three quarter moons passed since the incident with Blackpaw. Swiftkit, Silverkit, Shadekit, and Mosskit played outside the nursery in the newleaf sunshine. Shadekit pounced on Silverkit. Silverkit squirmed underneath her, and managed to escape. But soon Shadekit caught her again.
"Shadekit wins!" Mosskit yowled.
"You'll have to try a lot harder than that." Shadekit sneered playfully.
"But your so much bigger then me!" Silverkit protested.
"Yeah, leave her alone. It's not her fault that your too big to fit in the nursery." Swiftkit added. Silverkit hissed softly. She could look after herself!
"Well, we'll be in the apprentice den soon, then we'll be out doing the fun stuff!" Mosskit gloated.
"And cleaning out the elder's bedding." Silverkit smirked. Mosskit rolled her eyes while Shadekit spotted a leaf twitching in the wind.
"Hey, I have a new game! Whoever catches that leaf wins!" Shadekit announced. The four kits immediately focused on the leaf, crouching, tail tip's twitching. Then the leaf flew into the air, and Mosskit leaped, hitting Silverkit in the face. Silverkit squealed as she landed roughly. She charged off toward the leaf. She wasn’t going to let Shadekit win again! Silverkit pounced, but the wind pulled it away from her. Swiftkit and Shadekit tried to catch it, but they landed on top of eachother. Mosskit tried to grab it, but she tripped over Shadekit's tail. The three kits mewled in argument, trying to get themselves untangled.
"Too slow, mousebrains!" Silverkit purred. She saw the leaf go through the bushes. She chased after it and flew threw the bushes.
"Got it!" Silverkit yowled victoriously. Her paws splashed through water, and the current carried it away.
"Huh?" Silverkit mewed in puzzlement. The island should be about three more foxlengths before it gave way to water. Now the water was rapidly rising, and the sand crumbled under Silverkit's paws.
"Help!!" A voice yowled across the camp. Silverkit rushed through the bushes. The water has already risen on the other side, and consumed the warrior and medicine cat den. The RiverClan cats huddled on the high boulders that led to the leaders den, their eyes wide with fear.
"Kits! Get over here!" Graypool yowled. Shadekit and Mosskit leaped onto the boulders and ran to safety. Silverkit and Swiftkit were much smaller, and had trouble moving though the mud. The water was up to their bellies by the time they reached the boulders. Graypool leaned toward them, but was too shocked to move.
Silverkit panted as she climbed the boulders. The climb was much tougher with her short legs. There was a deafening groan, and a shadow engulfed the two struggling kits. Silverkit and Swiftkit looked up in horror.
The water had loosened a tree's roots, and was falling over. It crashed right in front of the kits. Swiftkit yowled with fright and slipped on a stone. He fell into the deep water.
"Swiftkit!!" Silverkit screeched.

Chapter 2
Silverkit looked desperately into the water. She searched for a shallow channel, a stone to stand on. Anything,,
"Silverkit! Come on!" Mistypaw called, leaping over the tree toward her.
"No! I have to save Swiftkit,," Silverkit protested. Then she saw him. He was paddling rapidly, being swept away in the current.
"Swiftkit!" Silverkit yowled again. She leaped down to the first boulder, which was now almost consumed in water. But Swiftkit just passed her.
Silverkit felt panic well in her chest.
She had to try! She had to!
Silverkit leaped into the water just before Mistypaw tried to catch her.
"Silverkit! It’s too dangerous-" Silverkit didn't hear the rest of her sentence. She paddled desperately through the growing waves. One engulfed her, and refused to let go. Silverkit was trapped in an air pocket of the wave, being thrashed about. The stinging cold of the water penetrated Silverkit’s pelt, and she gasped in shock before she was thrust under the surface. Silverkit quickly surfaced, looking around frantically for Swiftkit. He had clung to a root, but it was starting to break. Silverkit was washed unceremoniously onto a rock, and she took action. She ripped off a branch and held it out to Swiftkit.
"Grab on!" She mewled through clenched teeth. Swiftkit reached out with his paw, and his tiny claws stuck to the top the branch. Silverkit tugged him onto the rock with all her strength. Swiftkit panted for breath, his brownish gray fur sticking out like thorns. They huddled on the rock as the flood advanced on them. Silverkit could swear the waves were mocking them. The water had drowned the rock soon, and the water engulfed their paws. Silverkit looked up at the tree where she ripped off the branch. She got an idea.
"Swiftkit! We have to climb the tree!" Silverkit exclaimed.
"Are you mouse brained? RiverClan cats don't climb trees." Swiftkit argued.
"It beats drowning doesn't it?" Silverkit snapped. Swiftkit crouched, wiggling his hindquarters. He leaped onto the nearest branch. His claws scarped the soft bark, and he kicked his back feet furiously to get on. Once he was on, Silverkit prepared her jump. She measured the distance, and stored the energy in her legs. Silverkit leaped, but too short. only her paws made it, the rest of her body dangled close to the water. Silverkit tried to climb, but she was losing grip.
"I am slipping!" Silverkit caterwauled.
"Don’t worry! I'll, 'I'll help!" Swiftkit whimpered.
He grabbed her by the scruff and heaved, but the branch was sagging under the kit's weight. With a loud snap, the kits splashed back into the water. Silverkit could hear the muffled wails of her clanmates as they watched in horror of what was happening.
Silverkit tried to get back to the surface, but her legs were aching with exhaustion. The water was so freezing it seemed to consume Silverkit’s strength, and the cold seemed to sting in deeper whenever Silverkit tried to break free of the water’s current. Soon, Silverkit’s lungs felt like they were going to exploded, and she used every last bit of strength to struggle to the surface. Silverkit thought she saw the light grow bigger when seaweed tangled on Silverkit's paws.
Silverkit tried to wail, but only bubbles shot out. A choking pressure filled her chest, and Silverkit's struggles became more and more desperate. The muffled sounds seemed to fade as Silverkit weakened. All the sudden her paws were freed, and the light at the surface became brighter. Silverkit's head broke through the surface and she gasped for precious air, the sounds and smells around her more sharp and welcoming than ever before. She saw Swiftkit with her scruff in his jaws. He let go and tried to get the fur out of his mouth.
"Your welcome." he purred.
Then Silverkit was lifted higher into the air, and she rested on Oakheart's back. Loudbelly rested Swiftkit on his shoulders, while Stonepaw and Mistypaw helped keep the kits upright. The four cats paddled through the water, with a surprising ease.
How could we have so much trouble with this flood, and there swimming through it like air? Silverkit thought. All the sudden Silverkit wavered, and she mewed pathetically and dug in her claws to stay aloft. Oakheart struggled in a faster current, and Mistypaw had to help him to get out of the whirlpool. Suddenly Silverkit’s question seemed silly.
The four cats climbed onto a bluff of hills, decorated with a few pine trees. The kits were carried up the hill, which their clanmates waited. Greenflower dashed to Silverkit's side, licking her like a mad fox.
"Don’t you ever, ever do that again!" Greenflower scolded. Silverkit could see Swiftkit was getting the same treatment by his mother.
Crookedstar approached, and Silverkit prepared for a good scolding. But only amazement shone in Crookedstar's eyes. Silverkit crouched in the grass, soaked to the skin.
Swiftkit crouched beside her now. The clan had gone back to preparing camp, leaving the two kits alone with Crookedstar under a tree.
"What you two did for eachother was outrageous, but brave. I expect to see that loyalty to a clanmate, but both of you are far too young to be playing hero." Crookedstar scolded gently. Silverkit growled quietly.
She wasn't playing! Swiftkit could have died!
"So, aren’t you going to punish us?" Swiftkit whimpered.
Crookedstar let out an amused purr.
"I cannot punish a warrior for being loyal, even if it could have meant their life." Crookedstar said.
"Oh, thank you, thank you, Crookedstar!" Silverkit mewed, trembling with relief.
"There's no need. Now go to the nursery, you could use some rest." Crookedstar commanded.

Chapter 3
"Let all cats old enough to catch their own prey come here for a clan meeting!" The yowl awoke Silverkit.
"I've got to go. Stay out of trouble." Greenflower fussed.
Silverkit and Swiftkit crept over the nursery and peeked out of the entrance. Mistypaw and Stonepaw stood under Crookedstar, their pelts and eyes shining.
Crookedstar leaped down from the rock.
"Mistypaw and Stonepaw have been proven worthy today, with help keeping the clan together in the flood." Crookedstar barked.
"Mistypaw, Stonepaw, do you promise to uphold the warrior code and defend your clan, even at the cost of your life?" Crookedstar meowed.
"I do!" Mistypaw and Stonepaw echoed.
"Then by the power of StarClan I give you your warrior names. Mistypaw, form this day on, you'll by known as Mistyfoot. StarClan honours your loyalty and thoughtfulness, and we welcome you as a full member of RiverClan." Crookedstar rested his muzzle on her forehead, and Mistyfoot licked his shoulder in return.
"Stonepaw, from this day on, you'll be known as Stonefur. StarClan honours your wisdom and determination, and we welcome you as a full member of RiverClan." Crookedstar mewed, repeating the same procedure with Stonefur.
"Mistyfoot! Stonefur! Mistyfoot! Stonefur!" The clan yowled, one of the loudest cheers coming from Silverkit. Mistyfoot may be moons older then her, but she and Silverkit were the best of friends.
"Now, Mistyfoot and Stonefur will hold vigil while the rest of us sleep." Crookedstar tried to stifle a yawn as to not appear rude to the new warriors, but Silverkit could tell it wasn't easy. Silverkit looked up at the orange-pink sky. Night was rapidly approaching. She heard some of the cats sigh with relief. After the flood, it was really important for someone to keep watch.
Crookedstar raised his tail for silence before he spoke again.
"With new warriors, the last generation must accept the fact and pass the torch on." Crookedstar turned to Graypool.
"Graypool, is it your wish to give up your warrior name and go join the elders?" He said.
"It is." Graypool hissed solemnly.
"Your Clan honours all the service you've given us. I call upon StarClan to give you many seasons of rest." Crookedstar leaped off the rock to dismiss the meeting.
Silverkit could hardly believe it. Graypool was in the elder's den! She had always looked up to her as a strong warrior, ready to defend RiverClan from anything.
"Lets get back to sleep." Swiftkit's yawn disrupted her thoughts. Greenflower and Swiftkit's mother soon came back to join them, and they curled up into sleep.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Silverstream's Current (A fanfic of Silverstream)   Silverstream's Current (A fanfic of Silverstream) EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 12:38 am

Whoa, that was awesome!! You are a good author!!
Back to top Go down
Mosspelt
Administrator
Administrator
Mosspelt

Prey Points : 5465

Character Sheet
Clan: ThunderClan

PostSubject: Re: Silverstream's Current (A fanfic of Silverstream)   Silverstream's Current (A fanfic of Silverstream) EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 12:47 am

Wow!! that was good!! WAY GOOD!!! If you don't mind me asking, is Blackpaw a made up cat, or is he one I just didn't know about? Razz And you do know that Silvestream's real mother is Willowbreaze, Graypool's sister? (the two are both half riverclan half windclan making silverstream 75% riverclan and 25% windclan Razz )
Back to top Go down
SnowPrancer
Patrol Leader
Patrol Leader
SnowPrancer

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Silverstream's Current (A fanfic of Silverstream)   Silverstream's Current (A fanfic of Silverstream) EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 12:52 am

You read all of that in ten minutes!! Shocked Oh wait, i could probably do that too..... Razz I am glad you like it! I mine as well post more, since the disc I have the story saved onto is still in my computer...
@Mosspelt Ahh, you commented while I was editing the last details! Razz Blackpaw is actullay Blackclaw, a RiverClan warrior who is usually seen every time RiverClan is around. Yes, I did know that Willowbreeze was Silverstream's mother, but this was written a LONG time ago before that was confirmed. The freaky part was when I was orignnaly writing this, I thought about making Silverstream a desendant from WindClan. Shocked
Chapter 4
Greenflower licked Silverkit furiously.
"Mom, You've groomed me five times already, I am fine!" Silverkit insisted.
"There's nothing wrong with a first impression." Greenflower said between licks. Silverkit wanted to point out that she was already thought highly of since she was Crookedstar's daughter, but she decided to keep quiet.
"I wonder who our mentors will be?" Swiftkit wondered.
"I hope I'll get Mistyfoot." Silverkit chirped.
Greenflower purred with amusement.
"She's not old enough to have an apprentice yet, young one."
Crookedstar meowed from the high boulder, and Silverkit and Swiftkit approached.
A moon passed since the flood, and Swiftkit and Silverkit were now old enough to be apprentices. Greenleaf had arrived to, and the island was above the surface again, RiverClan had moved back to their camp.
"By naming apprentices, we show that RiverClan will remain strong. Silverkit, Swiftkit, from now on, until you have earned your warrior names, you will be known as Silverpaw and Swiftpaw." Crookedstar spoke, his eyes shining for his daughter. he lifted his head to look at the crowd.
"Whiteclaw, you are ready for an apprentice. You will mentor Swiftpaw." Crookedstar said. Whiteclaw approached Swiftkit and they touched noses.
"And Silverkit, your mentor will be Leopardfur. You will be known as Silverpaw until you earn your warrior name." Crookedstar mewed.
Silverpaw's heart sank. Leopardfur was so strict! Who knows what horrible mentor she would make? Leopardfur approached her, pride filling her eyes like a stuffed mouse.
Silverpaw hesitated to touch noses, trying not to panic. Her clanmates started to mutter curiously and the other apprentices encouraged her quietly.. Silverpaw knew she had to touch noses with her, Crookedstar was starting to look worried. But memories of Leopardfur, yelling impatiently at the apprentices, and her amber gaze that always seemed to look through her, kept preventing her.
Leopardfur frowned, and started to look hurt. Silverpaw sighed to herself. Leopardfur may be scary, but she didn’t want to hurt her feelings. She touched noses with Leopardfur, and all the cats breathed a sigh of relief.
Crookedstar waved his tail to dismiss the meeting, and patrols were being organized.
"Can we go on the hunting patrol?" Swiftpaw begged.
"No, were going to teach you how to swim of course." Whiteclaw purred.
Swiftpaw gulped and followed Leopardfur and Whiteclaw nervously. The four cats waded across the river separating the island from land, and the two mentors showed the kits the landmarks as they neared their destination. After the long walk, Silverpaw was exhausted. She felt like her short legs would fall off.
How do Leopardfur and Whiteclaw stand it? Silverpaw thought, glancing over at Swiftpaw. He seemed to be even more tired than Silverpaw was.
Silverpaw looked up at Leopardfur to ask why they stopped, but Leopardfur was already staring at her.
Look out there, mousebrain. Leopardfur seemed to say with her glowing gaze.
Silverpaw followed the direction of Leopardfur’s flicking ear, and all the sudden Silverpaw’s legs ready to leave her immobile didn’t matter anymore.
"Wow!" Silverpaw gasped.
The river was very wide and sparkled in the sunshine. The water was so clear Silverpaw could see the slimy fish swimming under the surface. The river was a deep blue that reflected the sunshine like the stars on a clear night, it’s waters seeming to call out to Silverpaw and offer the same joy from gazing to her Warrior ancestors above. Round, flat stepping stones connected RiverClan territory with whoever's territory was on the other side.
"This is the river, our main source of fresh kill. On the other side is ThunderClan territory." Leopardfur explained. Leopardfur and Whiteclaw dipped into the calm waters, and paddled in circles.
"Why are you standing there? Come in, the water’s nice!" Whiteclaw persisted.
Silverpaw didn’t hesitate to splash in. The water looked so clear, and welcoming. But Swiftpaw stood frozen in his tracks.
"Come on, Swiftpaw!" Whiteclaw growled, losing patience. Swiftpaw didn't move a muscle, his eyes wide with fear. Whiteclaw sighed and waded back to shore. He grabbed Swiftpaw by the scruff and tried to drag him in.
"No! No,no,no, NO!" Swiftpaw wailed in terror, trying to get away from Whiteclaw. But Whiteclaw managed to get him in the river.
Swiftpaw yowled and paddled madly, splashing the three cats. He started to sink as he fought the current to get back to shore. Whiteclaw tried to stop him, but Swiftpaw got to shore, and raced back to camp. Silverpaw would bet two moons of giving up fish that Swiftpaw was running faster than a WindClan cat.
"Swiftpaw!" Whiteclaw called, concern in his voice. He dashed after his apprentice, and they both disappeared from sight. Silverkit felt her own fear rising, Now she was alone with Leopardfur.
"Now, Silverpaw, just paddle with your paws like this,," Leopardfur instructed. Silverpaw copied her instruction, but Silverpaw couldn’t keep her belly strait and started sinking. Leopardfur dragged her up again.
"You'll never swim like that, furball!" Leopardfur scolded, amused. Leopardfur showed her how to paddle with her back legs too, and soon Silverpaw was swimming as good as a fish.

Chapter 5
Sunset approached as Leopardfur and Silverpaw returned to camp. Leopardfur caught a fish, but Silverpaw didn't catch anything. Leopardfur told her it was normal for an apprentice not to catch anything on its first try, but Silverpaw still felt like she could have been faster and caught that stupid fish.
Whiteclaw and Swiftpaw were eating nearby.
"So how did your training go?" Silverpaw asked.
"Horrible. It took me the entire day to pry him out of that hollow log!" Whiteclaw hissed grumpily. Swiftpaw sighed and limped toward the apprentice's den, tail dragging in the sand. Silverpaw wished she never asked.
She ate two small water voles until retreating to the apprentice den. Swiftpaw was curled up in his nest, a haunted look in his eyes.
Why is he so afraid of swimming? Silverpaw thought. Then her memory flashed back to her, on the day of the flood, when her and Swiftpaw almost drowned. How could she have been so blind? Swiftpaw was scared of water!

Two sunrises passed and Swiftpaw still refused to set paw in water. Whiteclaw almost forgot about him, now helping Leopardfur with Silverpaw's training.
Silverpaw concentrated on the smooth surface of the river. She spotted a fish swimming by, and leaned back so her shadow didn’t cast over the fish. The fish swam by, unaware of the danger. Quick as lighting, Silverpaw swiped her paw through the water, hooking the fish with her claws. The fish was flung into the air and landed on a sandbank. he desperately flopped toward the river, but Silverpaw batted the fish and finished it off.
"Good catch, Silverpaw! Your learning quickly." Leopardfur purred. Silverpaw basked in Leopardfur's praise. Leopardfur wasn’t as bad as Silverpaw thought.
Whiteclaw turned back to Swiftpaw.
"Why don’t you give it a try, Swiftpaw?" Whiteclaw asked hopefully.
"No thanks. I just won't eat from the fresh kill pile tonight." Swiftpaw replied.
Silverpaw frowned with concern. that was his excuse every day. And now he was just skin and bones. And he was getting weaker. Mudfur said that he had to start eating if he wasn't going to get sick. But Swiftpaw still didn't touch water ,and in return let his clanmates get the meal.
"You have to learn to swim sooner or later, Swiftpaw. How are you going to provide food for your clan?" Leopardfur meowed.
"Maybe I just don’t belong here." Swiftpaw whispered. Silverpaw was shocked by the deep sadness in his voice. Even Whiteclaw was too dumbstruck to give him a good scolding. Swiftpaw stood up and limped away, and Whiteclaw didn't stop him. If he wasn’t going to try, then why keep him here? Silverpaw knew he was thinking that.

The three cats returned to camp, and Silverpaw carried her catch proudly to Graypool.
"Thank you, Silverpaw. This fish is huge!" Graypool purred, and started eating.
"Your welcome." Silverpaw said, dipping her head and backing out.
"You know, this reminds me of a story,," Graypool meowed. Silverpaw sat back down. She wanted to see Swiftpaw, but it was the polite thing to do. Graypool was the only elder in the den, and she often got lonely. She would make any cat who came in the den listen to her stories, kit or apprentice or warrior.
Besides, it would give her something to do while she waited to carry out her plan.
"A long time ago, there were three clans of huge cats, even bigger than twolegs. They all had something special. LionClan had big manes; LeopardClan could run faster then anyone, but not TigerClan. They were golden, just like LoinClan, but with no manes. So one warrior,," Graypool began. Silverpaw heard this story dozens of times when she was a kit, but she never got tired of hearing it.
The sun only poked over the horizon when Graypool was finished her story. Silverpaw had asked questions to deliberately let time pass, and Silverpaw was satisfied that most of the clan would be asleep by now. Silverpaw gave her ears a few licks, then left for the apprentice's den.
She crept over the den carefully as to not disturb anybody. She poked Swiftpaw in his nest until he lifted his head.
"What?" Swiftpaw yawned.
"Come on, I want to talk to you." Silverpaw whispered. Swiftpaw was on his paws at once. Ever since their apprenticeship started, they didn’t hang out as much.
Silverpaw led Swiftpaw on a twisting path toward the river, but one he wouldn't recognize.
"So do you think a WindClan cat could run so fast, he could run on water?" Swiftpaw said casually.
"WindClan cats are so scrawny, I am sure they couldn’t sink on water." Silverpaw purred. A conversation started, and soon Swiftpaw was relaxed and confident, like his old self. Silverpaw heard the river just out from the bushes, but Swiftpaw was to busy chatting to notice.
"Hey Swiftpaw, want to play a game?" Silverpaw mewed.
"What game?" Swiftpaw questioned, his eyes shining.
"You just have to catch me!" Silverkit squeaked playfully. She raced off, Swiftpaw in hot pursuit. Silverpaw tried to run as fast as she can, and twisted around thorn bushes and trees. She heard Swiftpaw panting behind her, falling behind. Good, he’ll be more desperate to catch up now. Silverpaw thought as she crashed through the bushes and splashed wildly into the river. Swiftpaw was running so fast, he landed in the river.
"Your so slow, you'll never catch me!" Silverpaw taunted.
"We'll see about that!" Swiftpaw hissed, forgetting all about his fear. Silverpaw paddled through the waves, but Swiftpaw was having trouble. he started to lose confidence, And Silverpaw smelled his fear rising above the waves. Silverpaw slowed down, and Swiftpaw pinned his front paws on her shoulders.
"Caught you! Now you have to do what I say!" Swiftpaw yowled in triumph.
"What is it?" Silverpaw meowed in mock defeat.
"You have to be my mate." Swiftpaw kidded.
"Never!" Silverpaw growled playfully, escaping his grasp.
The two apprentices played in the river for a while more, and when they returned to camp, Silverpaw could tell from the light in Swiftpaw's eyes and the pride and energy rippiling in his muscles that his fear was gone.

Last edited by SnowPrancer on Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:58 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Comment)
Back to top Go down
Mosspelt
Administrator
Administrator
Mosspelt

Prey Points : 5465

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Silverstream's Current (A fanfic of Silverstream)   Silverstream's Current (A fanfic of Silverstream) EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 1:07 am

Oh wait, there is Blackclaw of RiverClan, which I guess you could be using, but according to Vicky, we have no clue who his mentor was Razz
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Silverstream's Current (A fanfic of Silverstream)   Silverstream's Current (A fanfic of Silverstream) EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 1:33 am

Wow, awesome part 2!!
Back to top Go down
SnowPrancer
Patrol Leader
Patrol Leader
SnowPrancer

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Silverstream's Current (A fanfic of Silverstream)   Silverstream's Current (A fanfic of Silverstream) EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 11:55 pm

Thanks for the support everyone! I'll post more after I look over the next few chapters.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Silverstream's Current (A fanfic of Silverstream)   Silverstream's Current (A fanfic of Silverstream) EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 12:32 am

Yay!! You better!!
Back to top Go down
Stonestep
StarClan Cat
StarClan Cat
Stonestep

Prey Points : 3054

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Silverstream's Current (A fanfic of Silverstream)   Silverstream's Current (A fanfic of Silverstream) EmptySun Jul 17, 2011 7:55 pm

That was GREAT!!! I know you posted this a while ago but I wanted to check it out!! It was GREAT GREAT GREAT GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cant wait till the next post!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Silverstream's Current (A fanfic of Silverstream)   Silverstream's Current (A fanfic of Silverstream) Empty

Back to top Go down

Silverstream's Current (A fanfic of Silverstream)
Page 1 of 1